Looking for CP for YA Fantasy (98K)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
spauff

Looking for CP for YA Fantasy (98K)

Post by spauff » April 1st, 2022, 4:02 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a critique partner to exchange manuscripts with and offer feedback.

My book is YA fantasy (low fantasy, not high), around 98,000 words.

I'm willing to read and critique a book of similar length (read: not over 100K) in any genre except high fantasy (like LOTR or Game of Thrones). I don't respect high fantasy but I don't read a lot of it, so I don't think I would be very good at critiquing it.

My credentials: This is the second book I've completed, revised, and edited. I queried my first book years ago, and received a lot of full requests, but ultimately no one wanted to publish it. I've been a CP before — used to hang out on Agent Query Connect before it went dark — and in my day job, I do a lot of PR and news writing.

I can probably read and critique 3 chapters a week, or about 15K, depending on how long your chapters are.

Here's a little more about my book. Message me if interested.

Josie lives her life by her mother’s brilliant words. A bestselling novelist with a gift to bring to life any story or character she wants, she has always ensured her daughter is taken care of, never suffers and never fails. Anything they need or want rests in the power of her fountain pen. Write it, and it is real. Cross it out, and it disappears into fiction again.

But one dark and stormy night, Josie’s mother disappears, leaving Josie alone with her story unfinished.

When her mother’s powerful pen falls into her hands, Josie must decide what to write. She removes her failings, gives success to herself at work, and creates Adam, the perfect boyfriend for her heartsick and lonely cousin.

But characters, real and imaginary, don’t always behave as they should. At work, Josie can’t keep up with the hardworking reputation she’s crafted for herself. There’s no spark between her cousin and Adam, no matter what Josie writes. Instead, Adam falls for Josie, and Josie might be in love with him too.

As Josie struggles with her feelings and what is real and what is imaginary, she must also contend with a ghost from her mother’s past. A failed rough draft reappears, determined to take the pen and get his revenge.

To save the man she created and reunite with her lost mother, Josie must decide: live her life by perfect words, or write her own story as she goes.

Jane Austen’s Emma meets Inkheart, Penned is a 98K young adult novel.

GriffinFrank

Re: Looking for CP for YA Fantasy (98K)

Post by GriffinFrank » June 8th, 2022, 2:12 pm

Wow, this is really good. I can't imagine you'd want me for a crit partner, as I write sci-fi. But my sci-fi is more psychological and philosophical than anything. The synopsis of your work is rather impressive due to its depth. Let me know. voreshemelighed65 at iCloud.com