Looking for a critique partner/group (fantasy MG/YA/NA/A)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Hopefullyhopeful

Looking for a critique partner/group (fantasy MG/YA/NA/A)

Post by Hopefullyhopeful » March 3rd, 2022, 11:22 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but would love to connect with one or more serious critique partners. If more than one person is interested, I'd be happy to form a group so that we can trade feedback between all of us and discuss together.
I currently am seeking feedback on two magical realism (light fantasy?) middle grade books, and am working on rewriting my fantasy novel which I will also seek feedback for. Initially I saw it as adult, but considering the lightness of the romance, etc, it might also fit into YA.
I would be happy to find beta readers too, but am especially looking for long-lasting critique partner relationships, whether with an individual or a group.
If you are interested, feel free to answer below and leave your email so I can get something started :D

AdrianTheAuthor

Re: Looking for a critique partner/group (fantasy MG/YA/NA/A)

Post by AdrianTheAuthor » March 26th, 2022, 10:20 am

Hi! I write MG too! MG Fantasy-Comedy to be specific! Happy to swap! My email address is adriancyso999@gmail.com

hanuman1702

Post by hanuman1702 » May 18th, 2022, 8:24 am

Hi! I'm working on a YA fantasy novel right now and would love for someone to keep me accountable as I'm writing and perhaps give feedback when I'm done too! If this sounds like your cup of tea, here's my email: salonisuhas@gmail.com :-)

GriffinFrank

Post by GriffinFrank » June 8th, 2022, 1:56 pm

Hi, I write sci-fi. I'm interested in LONG-LASTING crit partner for a successful mutual help\crit\feedback. I'm honest and reliable and I've been writing my whole life (now pushing 50 y.o. :). I was published on Amazon, if it matters. A group setting for mutual exchange also works. Sincerity is the backbone of my reviews, but I will never hurt your feelings. voreshemmelighed65@icloud.com

sallyblue

Post by sallyblue » September 27th, 2022, 6:41 pm

Hi there! I'm working on a fantasy series. I just finished the first book, and I'm about to embark upon the sequel. I've worked with feedback groups for about 7 years—exchanging one chapter of 5000 words every 2 weeks and giving each other both in-person and digital feedback. Certainly, it's like miracle grow on my story. I'm super interested if you have room for another partner in your group!
Thank you,
Sally Blue
locopod@gmail.com

LSOtherwise

Post by LSOtherwise » November 5th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Hi! I hope this thread is still active. I am very much looking for some serious feedback and would be willing to reciprocate.

I have completed a draft of a very long (130k, yes I know that's long) adult LGBT fantasy novel which will be the first in a series. It takes place mostly in a fictional city in the U.S. but also partly in Turkey, and deals with issues of historical violence and displacement as well as LGBT issues through a fantasy lens.

And I could really use some serious feedback.

I'm a bit new to fiction writing but hopefully I can give valuable feedback as well.

sapfww@gmail.com

Krsherer

Post by Krsherer » May 7th, 2023, 5:30 pm

This group may not be active anymore, or it may be full by now. But I have a YA fantasy novel that I’d love to swap with another writer to focus on developmental issues/feedback. Shererkaitlyn@gmail.com