Beta Reader - YA Fantasy (Zodiac Signs!)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
12SignHolders

Beta Reader - YA Fantasy (Zodiac Signs!)

Post by 12SignHolders » February 21st, 2022, 2:35 am

Hello,

I have a YA Contemporary Fantasy at 104k words. I'm looking for some feedback on how the story flows, if the MC is likable, and if there are any parts I need to explain in greater detail. I AM WILLING TO DO A SWAP. Please find my blurb below:

Sixteen-year-old Waken never wanted to be a danger to his family, but it wasn’t like he had a choice. Not after that night in the woods when he grabbed the ring—the one that belonged to a DeSindent, his sworn enemy. Ever since, he’s been plagued with thoughts of killing his own kind, Sign Holders, those gifted with supernatural powers from their Zodiac Signs. In order to stop the urges, he must enlist the help of Rose, a transfer student, who has a secret of her own.

Reeling from the recent loss of her brother, Rose is still getting used to life at her new school. However, everything feels a little easier once she meets Waken, the guy from her English class. That is until she sees him shooting fire out of his hands in the middle of the woods and runs for her life. Matters get even worse when a DeSindent tracks her down and threatens to kill her sister unless she spies on Waken and reports back everything she knows.

Together, Waken and Rose must find a way to defeat their common enemy before both of their families are destroyed. But when Waken is given the chance to finally put an end to his killer instincts, he must choose: save the girl he's falling for or free himself. Neither of which comes without a deadly consequence.

Thank you so much! If interested, you can post here on this thread or email me directly at 12SignHolders@gmail.com