Critique Partner Wanted For Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Rydog926

Critique Partner Wanted For Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Post by Rydog926 » January 29th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Hello, I'm a writer looking for someone to critique my work before sending it to an agent. I would like someone honest and someone who can give a detailed viewpoint. I am currently currently working on my first novel. It's been published before though I would like another readers view before sending it to an agent.

Synopsis: Almost fifty years after Bill Ashthorn was accidentally transported to Dalwrith during the Vietnam War, a new dark threat is rising and Bill is too old to fight it. After unsuccessfully trying to recruit his son Robert, the responsibility fell to his unsuspecting fourteen year old grandson Will, to help the world of Dalwrith.

After being scared into a portal, Will finds himself in the world of Dalwrith. The young teenager finds himself in an unknown world with nothing but the clothes on his back, a power to see into the past and a strange direwolf for protection. While trying to survive and find his way back home, Will is rescued by a local vassal after almost being eaten by a gryphon. The vassal part of an old order takes him to the town of Dirth, where what’s left of the Golden Knights of the Shinjik order protects the earthborn as it was in the old times.

With the help of a squire, a noble huntress, and a distraught blacksmith he discovers that the tales his grandfather used to tell him were true. It’s in the world of Dalwrith where Will becomes an enemy of a spoiled teenage noble, and becomes a political pawn to an ambitious king looking to capitalize on Will's influence as an heir to the throne. While in Dalwrith, Will defends the people of Dirth and helps rebuild the Golden Knights while defending Dalwrith from a mysterious Dark Force that threatens the world.

If you are interested in working with me please message back. Thank you.

marcoaurelio3

Re: Critique Partner Wanted For Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Post by marcoaurelio3 » September 28th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Hi,
Sounds interesting. I have never critiqued anyone's work before, apart from a few times in my only creative writing class at SDSU. However, I wouldn't mind jumping into it, once there is no time deadline involved. I hate deadlines. If a novel is to my liking, then I can get into it with focus, but if it isn't, then I might take some time drudging through it.
Now, my novel has also already been published but I am now sending it off to agents. I don't know how well you like historical novels. Mine is one of those, and it is based in Egypt (Kemet), around the nineteenth century BC. Please let me know if it is something that suits you.
Regards,
Marco-Aurelio

eugxetar

Re: Critique Partner Wanted For Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Post by eugxetar » September 21st, 2023, 9:53 pm

Hello. I read through the summary and found it to be an interesting story. I'm very excited to start critiquing it. I have experience writing reviews for 2 novels with the same theme. I also understand quite well about the Vietnam War. We look forward to having the opportunity to cooperate with you. coreball