Fantasy beta reader

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
sbobryant

Fantasy beta reader

Post by sbobryant » January 2nd, 2022, 7:31 am

Hello! I am looking for a beta reader for my fantasy book Fallen Star (working title). It also has elements of YA and dark fantasy.

It is 129k words, but I will also be happy if you are only interested in the first few chapters. This is the first in a series, and I am already working on the next book, so it would be fantastic if I could find someone around for the long haul! I am also willing to participate in a swap. I would love to have a small group to discuss ideas on a live document.
Thank you so much :)

You can find a synopsis below:

In the wake of a brutal murder, the twin Solar and Lunar kingdoms are plunged into a bloody civil war, fracturing them more than ever. Ten years later, the land of Celestia is ravaged by fanaticism and corruption. Amidst increasing savagery and political turmoil, the streets are governed by criminal gangs and ruthless zealots. At the heart of it all is the Archduke, Solar radical and leader of the Monarchy. Hiding behind his devoted aristocracy, the Archduke and his regime of horrors are untouchable. Then, a damsel, a witch, a crook and a heretic walk into a bar.

Upon a chance encounter, the band of scrappy vigilantes join forces, determined to restore Celestia to its former glory. Among them is Eadgar, a soldier-turned-thief who must make peace with the atrocities he committed at war under the Archduke’s Monarchy. Together, the outlaws form a plot to take down the aristocracy: one heist at a time. They build an impressive crime empire, but not without attracting the attention of a pair of dangerous assassins and the syndicates whose rule they threaten.

‘Tales of Celestia’ charts the rise of loveable yet unconventional heroes who are not afraid to get their hands dirty.

If you love fantasy, have a soft spot for YA but don’t shy away from your books being a little bit darker, this series is perfect for you! If you are interested, send me a message or drop your email in a reply!

rishika_rawat

Re: Fantasy beta reader

Post by rishika_rawat » January 5th, 2022, 2:56 am

I'm interested. i have a 102k ya fantasy. Let me know if u r interested

rawatrishika2006@gmail.com

Sarahmc_21

Post by Sarahmc_21 » February 16th, 2022, 2:58 pm

Hi!
I'm interested in reading your story. I would appreciate a book swap if you're interested as well.
My book is of 150k words, divided into four parts and it's genre is YA Fantasy with Romance as subplot.

My email id:
choukseyrasm@gmail.com

Hoping to hear from you soon :)

12SignHolders

Post by 12SignHolders » February 21st, 2022, 1:33 am

Hello,

Your story sounds very interesting. I would be interested in doing a swap. I have a 104k YA contemporary fantasy. My email address is 12SignHolders@gmail.com and below is my blurb:

Sixteen-year-old Waken never wanted to be a danger to his family, but it wasn’t like he had a choice. Not after that night in the woods when he accidentally grabbed the ring—the one that belonged to a DeSindent, his sworn enemy. Ever since, he’s been plagued with thoughts of killing his own kind, Sign Holders, those gifted with supernatural abilities from their Zodiac Signs. The only thing that truly eases his mind is Rose, the transfer student, who’s harboring a secret of her own.

Reeling from the recent loss of her brother, Rose is still getting used to life at her new school. However, everything feels a little easier once she meets Waken, the guy from her English class. That is until she sees him shooting fire out of his hands in the middle of the woods and discovers he is a Sign Holder. As if matters couldn't get more complicated, a DeSindent tracks her down and threatens her sister’s life unless she agrees to spy on Waken and report back everything she knows.

Together, Waken and Rose must find a way to defeat their common enemy before both of their families are destroyed. But when Waken is given the chance to finally put an end to his killer instincts, he must choose to either help Rose or free himself, neither of which comes without a deadly consequence.

sabbyterry

Post by sabbyterry » March 12th, 2022, 4:04 pm

Hi, I am new here!

I am Sabrina Terry, and I am working on a YA fantasy novel titled Cross a Crows Heart; in length the story is 54k words and I am looking for a Beta Reader to. If you are interested and would like to also swap stories, please let me know. My email is bigredlips66@gmail.com to contact me. Below is a summary of what the book is about.

Allan Truscott discovers his uncle is a warlock and his uncle teaches him how to use his powers he must learn the balance of magic’s strengths and weaknesses to overcome his obstacles and find himself to know his own identity of the Warlock he wants to become. Once he figures out how to control his powers, he could defeat evil that comes along with having magical powers. He turns Teresa Cobbler into a bird unintentional using his magic, they become friends and she finds out his secret but someone else shows up uninvited who has magical powers they soon learn he came to this school to take away someone’s magic and use it against them. Creating his own magical army to fight forces with them they must stop him from causing danger to everyone else. How could three people who use magic to face one powerful Warlock from taking over the world?