Looking for a beta reader for my post apocalyptic novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
TLceleste

Looking for a beta reader for my post apocalyptic novel

Post by TLceleste » December 28th, 2021, 8:07 pm

Hi there - I'm looking for a beta reader for my new novel. It's my very first novel, although I have been working on it for quite some time to get it just right. I also have a few others in the works as well of different genres. My novel Seeking Sanctuary is not quite finished, but almost and it is approximately 39,000 words so far. I've provided an excerpt of my book with more to come further on. I tend to focus on what moves my characters, what makes them feel deeply and I normally use very descriptive text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She watched the world burn itself to the ground, and she watched as it twisted itself into something new and partly dangerous. When it all began, she could think of only one thing to do, her most basic instinct and ideal; to save as many people as she possibly could with what little she had.

She was nothing more than a gentle soul that had to find a way to become the fiercest side of herself in order to survive and fulfill the needs of others. Hope is something that is seldom given when needed and that is the one thing that she had plenty of.