Looking for CP/beta reader for ya fantasy

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
coughlinra7

Looking for CP/beta reader for ya fantasy

Post by coughlinra7 » November 9th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Hi everyone! I am currently looking for beta readers/CP to read my first novel of a ya fantasy series.
The title of the book is called "DEFECTED: The Exceed & the Error" and is about 115k words. I might try to trim it down slightly and if anyone has any suggestions on how too shorten it a bit as well, I'll gladly take suggestions. I know with fantasy you can go as long as 120k, but I want to make sure anything that is completely unnecessary in my book is eliminated.
Beyond this, what I feel I could use feedback on the most is plot-related critiques and worldbuilding. I especially would like tips on areas where I could improve on showing my world through the story in order to avoid info-dumping.

If anyone is interested, please reply here or feel free to email me at coughlinra7@gmail.com
I would be happy to swap books with anyone and critique your books as well.

Thank you! :D

Below is my book blurb that summarizes what my story is about:
"The discovery of a hidden group of people with the ability to wield power beyond any natural understanding creates a boom in technology and opens the door to an endless number of possibilities for the future of the world to come. A world with magic.
It is during this time that a year has now passed since Kana’s twin brother, Kenji, ran away from home, leaving her alone to struggle to adapt to this new world of magic while finding the means to pay for her medical treatments. With all that has changed so rapidly, she didn’t think she could ever be surprised again until her brother suddenly returns, but with no memory of the year that he was missing.
Can these twins come together again and repair what was lost? And if so, can things between them ever be the same with a world of magic and a lifetime of sickness calling for one to separate from the other?"