Looking for Beta Readers for 75K word adventure fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Freshwings23

Looking for Beta Readers for 75K word adventure fiction

Post by Freshwings23 » October 6th, 2021, 8:56 pm

Hi,

I recently completed my first manuscript and would love for someone to give it a read-through. I'm hoping to get feedback on the general plotline, pacing, and what areas need a bit more work. Please let me know if you're interested by responding to this post.

Summary
fragmentation(noun): The process by which immoral actions cause visual impairment demonstrated by eye color turning gray.

In this reality, the consequence of immoral deeds is a loss of vision physically depicted by layers of gray on your eyes. As some claim the eyes are the windows to your soul, the more things you do that harm your soul, the more cloudy that window becomes. In this society, those with dark gray eyes are seen as criminals and outcasts and people do anything they can to make sure they don't have heavily fragmented eyes. On April 12th Jason Tennant wakes up with no memories, but looks in the mirror and discovers gray ripples that cover his eyes. Shortly after he meets a man named Cole who is running to complete an errand. Cole offers to help Jason find his memories as the two do their best to stay out of trouble and find redemption for the things that caused their heavy fragmentation.

GrannySwart

Re: Looking for Beta Readers for 75K word adventure fiction

Post by GrannySwart » February 28th, 2022, 3:09 pm

I'm very new to this but I would be willing to read your novel if you will read mine. It is a YA novel about a society where everyone is the same color grey. (Great minds run alike)
Not sure what will even be the next step. If you know, please explain.