Dark Humor Mystery Looking for Critique Partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
MJKaleita

Dark Humor Mystery Looking for Critique Partner

Post by MJKaleita » September 21st, 2021, 5:11 pm

Hi! TW for suicide if you don't want to move on.

I'm Megan and I'm looking for a long-term critique partner for my 20k+ started novel right now hesitantly titled Bittersweet about a true-crime podcast gone wrong.

Nobody noticed Sarah-Jane Peters didn't make it home from a party in the woods. Fifteen years later, Andrew Bailey and the investigative team at Podland won't stop until they've got justice for Sarah-Jane. There's just one problem: her parents didn't report her missing, nobody in the small upstate New York town remembers her well, and the only lead they have is a rambling voicemail and some old medical records.

Cody Barnes is trying to keep her new life afloat in Bend, Oregon. After a disastrous broken engagement that leaves her swimming in debt, Cody leaves her unhappy life in upstate New York, starting over in every new state she stops in. After ten years, she's finally back on her feet with a thriving business and a great new relationship. Everything she's worked so hard to build threatens to come crashing down when a childhood friend live streams his suicide, implicating Cody in the disappearance of their classmate Sarah-Jane Peters. Shoring up this theory is a true-crime journalist with a chip on his shoulder. With her relationship, reputation, and her freedom on the line, Cody goes home, thinking she's attending her friend's funeral when she's actually walking into a trap 20 years in the making.