Seeking beta readers interested in family memoir

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
mmadj

Seeking beta readers interested in family memoir

Post by mmadj » September 18th, 2021, 8:56 pm

Hello,

My name is Maude and I have just completed a readable 99K-word draft of my family memoir, This Life That Binds.

I am now seeking feedback from good, reliable beta readers drawn to first-person narratives. I'm interested in personal impressions about the book as a whole and in particular, (1) what you get from it (2) how it makes you feel by the last page. I seek these types of responses because the narrative treats some heavy subjects - mental and physical illness, family trauma, estrangement - and I need to know whether I should be re-crafting what I've written. I've tried to treat them carefully and without overdoing the drama. But I've worked on the story so long that it's become very difficult to see the kind of reading experience I've created.

You can contact me at mmadjarian@gmail.com: I would be open to doing an MS beta read swap.

Thank you!

Qwerty

Re: Seeking beta readers interested in family memoir

Post by Qwerty » December 1st, 2021, 6:40 pm

You received no replies and it's been several months since your post, but I'd be willing to give you some alpha (writer-oriented) and beta (reader-oriented) feedback. Can't say I'd be willing to dig through all 99K words and I've only written short memoirs (portions of my life), not lengthy autobiographies (my entire life).
Qwerty (Bill)
https://www.ebooks-by-bill.com