CP or Betas for Gratitude-Focused Young Reader Card Deck and Book

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
500andrews

CP or Betas for Gratitude-Focused Young Reader Card Deck and Book

Post by 500andrews » October 6th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Howdy Writers--

I'm hoping for a CP and/or beta-eyes on this project for young readers that includes daily card pulls and exercises, all focused on gratitude. It's a bit of an outlier compared to much I see on the boards, but not an inaccessible format/project. It is heart-driven and hopefully pretty inspiring--it's meant to add some joyful perspective to tough days for young people (and readers of any age, really).

There are 52 cards, each with a brief explanation of an activity and a corresponding few paragraphs in the accompanying book. It's not a heavy load to read (words coming in around 23,000 including book and card content) but wants to be read with the recognition that it is not meant to be consumed linearly. A reader/user of the final project will pull cards for a day and flip to that section of the book (though, of course, editors and publishers will be reading linearly).

My agent is waiting for it but I told him I'd like to get a beta pass before I turn it in to him and we strategize on submissions. If your vision and time wrap easily around this idea, I'd be honored to get your feedback. It has been line-edited and gone through several drafts, so you are my last amazing stop on the road to the agent digging in.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I hope this finds you loving your creations and the possibility of helping another.

Be well,
-Andrew

ianRowebot

Re: CP or Betas for Gratitude-Focused Young Reader Card Deck and Book

Post by ianRowebot » October 10th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Hi,

Brand new here (literally signed up this morning), but I'd be happy to check it out. I have a 10 year, mostly read middle grade fiction these days, have coached children's soccer for years, and volunteer on my school's parent committee so definitely spend time around kids.

Happy to help.

500andrews

Re: CP or Betas for Gratitude-Focused Young Reader Card Deck and Book

Post by 500andrews » October 13th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Hi @ianRowebot--I sent you a direct message about this, filled with gratitude and finding next steps. Hope you're having an amazing week. Thanks so much!!!