Long-term beta readers wanted

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Americanine

Long-term beta readers wanted

Post by Americanine » September 4th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Looking for beta readers for my episodic shorts (currently 40). No deadline.
Genre: Slice of life/dramedy (Young Adult)
Length: About 3k to 4k per episode (shortest around 1k, longest around 6k)
Summary: 5 superteen nationalists (each from a different country) go about their daily lives and struggles.
Notes: Structure is strange and out of order due to each 'chapter' being a different episode/story instead of one continuous book and having five protagonists. Will eventually be an actual action-dramedy book series, these episodes are backstory for such.
Warning: Use of offensive humour, strong language, mentions/depictions of child abuse, political topics/controversial opinions.

saraheahart

Re: Long-term beta readers wanted

Post by saraheahart » October 3rd, 2021, 7:13 pm

Hi, did you ever find a critique partner? I have a draft of a novel (it's around 51,000 words) that I'd love critiquing/beta readers for. I'd be interested in reading/critiquing yours for a swap.

(Warning: strong language, mentions child abuse, violence.) Novel is about a team of investigators/hunters who search for paranormal/supernatural beings that are killing humans.

If you're interested, please email me at sarahealford@gmail.com

Jun

Post by Jun » November 2nd, 2021, 10:06 pm

Hello.

I just joined this forum.

I am also looking for an online critique partner, but I am very, very, very new to this, so please forgive my ignorance.

I wrote a semi-autobiographical novel. The word count is 87,500 words. My beta reader (offline) has read the first 17,000 words already. I'd like to think that up to that point is presentable enough. I'd like to think that I won't be asking my next beta reader to read some rubbish.

I'd like him/her to read the entire manuscript at one point, but at this time I'd like to exchange critiques of up to 17,000 words. Also instead of just exchanging 17,000 words at once, I'd like to do this block by block. A block of 5,000, 6,000, 8,000 words maybe?

Does this sound reasonable? If so, please let me know.

> Summary: 5 superteen nationalists (each from a different country) go about their daily lives and struggles.

This kind interests me. I lived in a couple of different countries. I'm curious to see how you approached this.

ckrista.smith

Post by ckrista.smith » January 15th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Hello there. I am currently working on my first novel and I am 50,000+ words in. Im looking for a beta reader as well. I am interested in your offer. Let’s talk. My email is ckristasmith123@gmail.com