Seeking Beta Readers/Critique Partners for 65k lgbtq+ Paranormal YA Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Mishoru

Seeking Beta Readers/Critique Partners for 65k lgbtq+ Paranormal YA Novel

Post by Mishoru » August 12th, 2021, 8:26 am

Hello!

My name is Misha, the last few months I have been writing my first novel and am now seeking Beta readers/Critique Partners to look over it and send me some feedback. (Especially since English isn't my first language)

Here's a quick Synopsis:
The Art of Haunting follows the characters Ty, Diom and their friends, a group of paranormal investigators.
Ty is a sceptic, only lending his skills as cameraman to the group out of a sense of loyalty to his best friend.
Diom is a Medium, haunted by his past and all the ghosts he sees. He joins the group under the watchful eyes of his sister.
Intrigued by the mysteries Diom provides und during Ty finds out about the reality of the paranormal. Ty's personal investigations regarding his feelings come to an screetching halt when they realize a Cult has been following them, taking interest in their Medium.

This book features (possibly triggering) themes of Religious (c)PTSD, Death and of course cult activities.
Lgbtq+ themes including gay characters, realisations, relationships and mental health play a role as well.

I would put it somewhere in the Paranormal/Romance/Thriller/Horror genre but I am not that sure.

If you are interested in reading and answering some questions answer this post or mail me at misha0schaefer@gmail.com
I am not able to pay you at the moment but I'd gladly read your manuscripts and critique them in return, I'll also gladly send you a free copy of the book, once I am actually able to publish it.