Seeking Beta Reader/Critique Partner for 80K Speculative Fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
grokker

Seeking Beta Reader/Critique Partner for 80K Speculative Fiction

Post by grokker » August 5th, 2021, 11:13 am

Hello,

I'm a published author working on draft-3 of my second speculative fiction novel and am looking for someone to share beta reads/critiques with.

Here's the pitch:

TITLE: The Pieces of Myself

LENGTH: 80,000 words

GENRES: Adult speculative fiction, dystopian fiction, soft science fiction, sci-fi mystery, robot fiction, AI fiction

TAGLINE: A robot. A cryptogram. A sovereign fortune. A lost identity.

BLURB:

Water—denser than the air powering wild hurricanes, thinner than blood congealing around southern politics. By the 22nd century, it unraveled the fabric of the Gulf Coast like a pulled thread, ripping away land faster than anywhere else in North America.

Lillian Fray, a professor at a community college and brilliant mathematician, is asked to solve a puzzle involving a cryptogram and the link to a sentient digital avatar. Her quest is fraught with racial politics and a hurricane tracking toward what used to be New Orleans. At stake is a sovereign fortune and the key to her own identity.

Thanks for your help.

rousseautim

Re: Seeking Beta Reader/Critique Partner for 80K Speculative Fiction

Post by rousseautim » August 22nd, 2021, 11:30 am

I'd be interested in swapping books. I also have a speculative fiction book about dementia and political revolution that I'm looking for beta readers for. rousseautim [at] gmail [dot] com

AJW

Re: Seeking Beta Reader/Critique Partner for 80K Speculative Fiction

Post by AJW » September 2nd, 2021, 10:21 am

I have a thriller, 83,000 words, fourth draft complete, and I am interested in working with a reciprocal CP. If you have not found someone, please email me: hink4570@reagan.com
Rather than exchange full manuscripts, I would prefer to start by chapter-for-chapter critiques, or perhaps 2-3 chapters at a time. BUT, first lets talk, and I'll send you a synopsis, ok?