Looking for Beta Readers for Fantasy Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
taragrier

Looking for Beta Readers for Fantasy Novel

Post by taragrier » June 8th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Hello! I’m searching for a beta reader(s) for my manuscript. It is a fantasy novel that is hopefully the first of a series, following the protagonist, Jade as she works to juggle her two identities: Princess of Adamantem, and leader of the rebel group Mavericks, who directly oppose the monarchy. When a mission goes terribly wrong, the hunt for the Mavericks is on and Jade must find a way to evade capture, protect her friends and people, all while keeping her secret. This is a story that features an openly bisexual protagonist as well as several other LGBTQ characters. Themes of the complexity of power, class, and government are explored. It is a longer manuscript, so just beware. I would be so grateful for anyone willing to help.

coughlinra7

Re: Looking for Beta Readers for Fantasy Novel

Post by coughlinra7 » November 9th, 2021, 1:51 pm

Hi there! Are you still searching for a beta reader or critique partner? I just joined the forum and ran across your post. I write ya fantasy and am currently editing over my first novel of a ya fantasy series while writing the second book. If you still would like someone to look at your book, let me know. I would love to swap books with you. Your protagonist intrigues me and I like the idea of making her openly bisexual. I have an interest in incorporating LGBTQ characters into my stories down the road and would like to see how you write these characters in your story
You can reply to me here or reach out to me via email: coughlinra7@gmail.com
I wish you good luck on your writing journey!