Looking for a CP for historical romance

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Annie Fauve

Looking for a CP for historical romance

Post by Annie Fauve » May 7th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a couple of CPs who would be interested in trading/critiquing my 2nd draft of a historical romance, set in Paris in 1800.

This draft is 60,000 words & I am looking for feedback for the next rewrite.

Here's the logline: When Valentine, a portrait painter & forger in glamorous Directoire Paris, sees her best friend murdered, she is shocked to discover her friend was a spy, attempting to undermine Napoleon's brutal rise to power. With the hit-or-miss help of a love-struck engineer, Valentine decides to risk her own life to complete her friend's mission.

I've traditionally published literary fiction & poetry; this is my first foray into Romance. If you're interested in trading WIP, great! I enjoy most literary fiction & genres, including YA--really I only dislike legal thrillers & violent horror.

Please get in touch if you like Romance & are interested,
cheers,
Annie

Gatti

Re: Looking for a CP for historical romance

Post by Gatti » May 9th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Hello Annie,

My name is Anna and I enjoy Historical Romance. I don't write it, but love reading it. I mostly write YA, and I am currently working on a Contemporary Romance. If you're interested drop me a message or send me an email at anngatti(at)gmail(dot)com

Looking forward to hopefully working with you.

Annie Fauve

Post by Annie Fauve » May 15th, 2021, 2:41 pm

Hi Anna,

Great to "meet" you! I also have a Contemporary Romance on the back-burner, but right now I'm trying to focus on the historical.

I am looking for general feedback (plot gaps, character gaps, bad dialogue) rather than copy-editing or super-detailed reading. Would you be interested in trading the first 30-50 pages of our WIP and see how we work together? We could read through & offer each other some notes/questions/reactions.

cheers,
Annie

Apsara

Post by Apsara » June 8th, 2021, 4:20 am

Hi Annie,
I'm Apsara and I'd love to be your critique partner. I'm currently working on a YA romance of 60,000 words and I would really like to read your work.
Please drop me an email to apsararodrigo@gmail.com if you're interested