Looking for CP or Beta Readers for YA High Fantasy(About 106K words)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
jstoj

Looking for CP or Beta Readers for YA High Fantasy(About 106K words)

Post by jstoj » May 3rd, 2021, 5:48 pm

Hello.

I'm looking for critique partners and/or beta readers to provide honest, constructive feedback for my fantasy novel, currently on its fourth draft. I am willing to do the same in return for as many partners or readers as I can. I primarily read fantasy or sci-fi, but I'll give most genres a shot. I believe my story would fall into the YA category, but I'm not completely sure.

Here's my blurb.

Six years ago, the Hero of Radiance, chosen by the gods, killed the Demon King who had terrorized the human Lucrian nations.
Now, in those nations, the hero's apprentice, Theo, struggles to fill his mentor's shoes. As he begins taking on more responsibility, however, it becomes evident that he is underprepared, and that he has not been told the whole truth about the war and the demons.
In Yun, the land of the so-called demons, the Demon King's daughter, Shiren, does her best to leave her past behind and live in peace. But the hero's allies consider their work unfinished as long as she lives, and her attempts to evade them only paint a target on her back.
Amidst all of this, the two discover that the conflict is less over than either of them would like to believe.

If you want to read a little more before deciding whether or not to beta read, let me know, and I can send you the first few chapters as a sample.

Thanks for reading. If you're interested, please let me know either via DMs. Thanks in advance to anybody interested.

morgankbell

Re: Looking for CP or Beta Readers for YA High Fantasy(About 106K words)

Post by morgankbell » May 22nd, 2021, 1:17 pm

Hi!

I was wondering if you were still looking for a critique partner? Your book sounds exciting and I'd be interested in beta reading.

I'm also looking for beta readers and I think our books might be a good match if you want to exchange manuscripts. My book is also fantasy, probably in the YA category but with crossover potential into adult, and is about 110k words. Let me know in DMs if you're interested, I can send you my blurb and the first chapter if you want to see if it's a good match.

coughlinra7

Re: Looking for CP or Beta Readers for YA High Fantasy(About 106K words)

Post by coughlinra7 » November 9th, 2021, 1:48 pm

Hey jstoj,
Are you still searching for a beta reader or critique partner? I just joined the forum and ran across your post. I also write ya fantasy and am currently editing over my first novel of a ya fantasy series while writing the second book. The book I have currently finished is about 115k.
If you still would like someone to look at your book, let me know. I would love to swap books with you. Your story looks really interesting and I'd like to know what happens.
You can reach out to me via email: coughlinra7@gmail.com
I wish you good luck on your writing journey! I hope to here from you soon.