Looking for a CP: 96,000 Fantasy

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
GregMc

Looking for a CP: 96,000 Fantasy

Post by GregMc » April 9th, 2021, 10:51 am

Hope this sees you all well.

Query pitch below, but this is my first attempt at a novel. It's design is as a faster-paced work around gray moral conflict and the emotional cost of those decisions. This is intended for the upper end of YA or adult.

I'd be delighted to be a CP in exchange.

Thanks for reading,

Greg

Query:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How far would you go to fulfill a promise?

Daniel Tree believed he’d turned over a new leaf. A new town, a respectable job and a fantastic girlfriend overshadowed years as an orphan on the streets.

But after divine conscription, Daniel has no choice but to serve for three years or death, whichever comes first. Starting tomorrow morning. Despite slim odds of survival and irrational fear of promises, he vows to return.

Kaedre, his god, sees Daniel as a tool with intriguing potential. To start, she will demand that he learn his powers, reconcile his parents’ death, and join an assault on an enemy stronghold. If he survives his first week, she will invest more in him. If he dies, she has thousands of other Chosen and can conscript more. Tools are forged for use.

Within five days, Daniel will have to embrace his past while figuring out where his allegiances lie. He’ll also have to weigh the cost of breaking his promise against the means required to fulfill it. If he goes too far, wouldn’t it be better not to return at all?

AJW

Re: Looking for a CP: 96,000 Fantasy

Post by AJW » September 2nd, 2021, 10:50 am

Hello Greg,
If you haven't found someone already, I am certainly interested in a CP arrangement with you. I have a recently completed, fourth draft, 83,000 word thriller. It is my first novel also, but I promise I am a competent critique partner. If you are still in the hunt, please email me: hink4570@reagan.com, and I will send you a synopsis. Thanks!
Ken

WriterBlight

Post by WriterBlight » September 22nd, 2021, 11:37 pm

Hey GregMc, are you still in need of a critique partner? I am writing a series of short fantasy stories I could use some help on and I would love to take a shot at your story. Let me know what you think.

coughlinra7

Post by coughlinra7 » November 9th, 2021, 1:44 pm

Hey Greg,
Are you still searching for a beta reader or critique partner? I just joined the forum and ran across your post. I also write ya fantasy and am currently editing over my first novel of a ya fantasy series while writing the second book. If you still would like someone to look at your book, let me know. I would love to swap books with you. Your story looks interesting and I'd like to know what happens.
You can reach out to me via email: coughlinra7@gmail.com
I wish you good luck on your writing journey!