Looking for a CP/BR for 84K Psychological Thriller

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
danielbruckner

Looking for a CP/BR for 84K Psychological Thriller

Post by danielbruckner » March 23rd, 2021, 12:39 pm

Hi. My name is Daniel and I am looking for a critique partner/beta reader. I would love to swap with another thriller, but I am open to reading just about anything. My query is below and I look forward to hear from you!

NIGHT AFTER NIGHT is an 84,000 word psychological thriller that combines the search for meaning in a shifting reality similar to Ottessa Moshfegh’s Death in Her Hands with a mental unraveling triggered by the past akin to Shirley Jackson’s The Haunting of Hill House.

Dealing with the death of his fianceé, 52-year-old Felix Browning, a notable Los Angeles artist, returns to his grandparents’ rural mountain home. The home was the sight of unsubstantiated hauntings that Felix started experiencing when he was eight and continued until the day of his grandfather’s suicide. Felix has returned to prove his long-held belief that his grandfather died as a result of the hauntings and not by his own hand. Felix needs to know that his grandfather didn’t kill himself; that he overcame the demons of his past. Felix now has a demon of his own and he desperately wants to believe he has a chance against it.

A screenwriter by trade, I’ve had numerous screenplays optioned. My latest projects include Sinfidelity for the Lifetime Network, Search and Destroy for Millennium Media and I’m currently writing a Melissa McCarthy comedy that is the brainchild of producer Rob Cowan. I’ve been published in the Los Angeles Times and I provided the story for The Time Traveler’s Guide to Dating, a recently released six-issue graphic novel. Night After Night is the culmination of my lifelong scrutiny into the death/suicide of my own grandfather and the ‘shadows’ that used to inhabit his secluded mountainside home.

tristansk256

Re: Looking for a CP/BR for 84K Psychological Thriller

Post by tristansk256 » March 27th, 2021, 5:13 pm

Hello Daniel, are you still looking for a critique partner?

Your story sounds really interesting and perfectly on the slightly complex side. If my book is something that you would also be interested in, then we can swap manuscripts for a mutual and constructive critique.

The Genevan Blood Promise is a dark and gritty 87000-word crime thriller where Stephen has been led to a murderous path, whilst trying to save himself and salvage the remnants of his civil life from a flurry of unforgivable family secrets that runs deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Stephen returns to Geneva after some time abroad from what he called travelling. But trouble quickly follows from his real past, now his own safety along with his family’s is at stake. Family secrets, kidnappings, revenge plots all rise from the depths to plague the family. But how many people murdered to save the lives of his own family is too much?

danielbruckner

Post by danielbruckner » March 31st, 2021, 7:18 pm

Hello Tristan,

I would love to sway manuscripts. I have sent you a DM. Look forward to hearing from you!

ConstancePruefrock

Post by ConstancePruefrock » July 27th, 2021, 5:25 am

Hi Daniel (and Tristan)

Thank you Daniel for your message seeking a critique partner for a psychological thriller. Perhaps you and Tristan have now formed a swap. I am a published author of short stories, now revising novels. Seeking swaps for a novel about overcoming loss, embracing alternatives, based in Edinburgh. If you have not already found a partner, or if you are wiling to try a small critique group of three or four, I am keen to explore this. Let me know.

Am writing to others on his forum, too.

Warm wishes, Constance Pruefrock