Looking for a CP or beta readers for 77k YA horror fiction manuscript

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
laurenclisby

Looking for a CP or beta readers for 77k YA horror fiction manuscript

Post by laurenclisby » March 15th, 2021, 4:14 pm

Hello :)

My name is Lauren and I am looking for both critique partners and beta readers to review my manuscript. I am willing to swop and do the same. I really don't mind what genre your work is in, I enjoy reading them all.

I have wrote a YA horror fiction with subgenres of paranormal and dark fantasy. My manuscript has gone through varies rounds of drafts and editing. Not quite ready to send to a publisher yet. I just need honest truth when it comes to the storyline, pacing, characters, etc.

Here's my blurb if you fancy it:

15-year-old Lucy Crosby is sick of her night terrors. They are back again, and all she wants is a fresh start. Her parents take matters into their own hand’s and move the family, including her twin brother Jack, into Thornhill Lodge, an old lodge house in the countryside, which Lucy has repeated in her sleep since she was a little girl. However, instead of helping her sleep terrors, it only provokes them and something else in the house. Lucy has a gut feeling that they are not the only ones living there. Within a few hours of entering through the front doors she starts to hear strange and unusual noises. Her family disregard her accusations and it is her alone who dives in to investigate. The neighborhood has kept its dark past hidden for years and now it’s time the outside world knows its secrets. Can Lucy unravel the truth before it’s too late? Or will her family suffer the same fate as the previous owners? Full of twists, turns and paranormal activity, this horror fiction novel will send a shiver down your spine and send you to a place where you have never been before.

Please DM me if you are interested. I would be very grateful of your opinions :)

s.delbosque

Re: Looking for a CP or beta readers for 77k YA horror fiction manuscript

Post by s.delbosque » May 1st, 2021, 11:49 pm

Hi, Lauren!

My name is Sacha. I'm new to this forum. Are you still looking for a critique partner? I'm a writer and I have a YA LGBTQ+ gothic mystery novel that I'm in the process of publishing. I recently made some changes to the manuscript, and I'm looking for a critique partner to give me feedback on the final touches.

Your description of your novel caught my eye. I like stories with eerie settings, especially if they're old houses or manors. I'd be happy to work with you. Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you! I hope to hear from you soon.

laurenclisby

Re: Looking for a CP or beta readers for 77k YA horror fiction manuscript

Post by laurenclisby » May 4th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Hi Sacha,

Yes, I am still looking for CPs :)

I would love to swap manuscripts with you.

Please DM me if you're still interested on laurenclisby@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Lauren.