Looking for a critique partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
belaal008

Looking for a critique partner

Post by belaal008 » January 1st, 2021, 3:59 pm

I just joined this site and I'm looking for a critique partner. Since I'm currently writing the first novel in a multi-book fantasy/scifi series, I'm looking for someone who wants to exchange ongoing work for an indefinite period of time. That could be for a few chapters or a few years depending on how things work out, either would be ok. An even exchange of critique work would be fine.

I'm looking for people who can be tough in a constructive fashion, and I'm offering the same thing in return.

Although the novel is primarily a fantasy the setting is similar to the steampunk genre. My work is entitled "Arcane Engines.” Here is a brief synopsis:

Ithalaan Academy is about to start enrolling students and, with it, Veil’s journey to become a mage is about to begin. The academy is world famous for turning out powerful Archmages, and Veil plans to take full advantage of that. But strange events are occurring, and a series of bombings and terrorist actions draw him inexorably deeper into a mystery involving cults, gods, and ancient mysterious races.

These schemes send Veil desperately searching for answers, from Forerunner ruins in the Great Northern Forest to ancient abyssal cities within the depths of the planet. All while trying to hide his own secret plots and plans that will enable him to become a Magus. The most powerful type of mage known.

If you are interested please send me a message.

ChillyWilly

Re: Looking for a critique partner

Post by ChillyWilly » January 3rd, 2021, 2:18 pm

Hello. I just joined as well and looking for critique partner. I am trying to get through an outline for a fantasy action/adventure so I can finally get to writing the darn thing ;)
I am looking for someone to bounce ideas off, get critique of what works and what doesn't, what is bad or cliché, etc. In return, I want to do the same for my critique partner with whatever they need.

belaal008

Post by belaal008 » January 5th, 2021, 5:27 pm

I'm willing to read your questions, but I'm really looking for someone to read my finished chapters and vice versa. You really can't do very much critiquing with an outline.

annacatunser

Post by annacatunser » January 7th, 2021, 5:36 pm

Hi! I would definitely be interested in being a critique partner, but my manuscript for my YA fantasy is finished so I'm unsure how you feel about that. If you would prefer to work with someone who is also working on a WIP, totally understandable! If you are interested, just reply back and I can give you a quick synopsis of my novel and we can go from there!