Looking for a Critique Partner (Fantasy)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
abbyockey

Looking for a Critique Partner (Fantasy)

Post by abbyockey » December 28th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Hi. I'm looking for a partner who will be honest and tell me when things are cliche. I mostly write fantasy, but I'm fine partnering with people who write different genres too. Currently, I need help with a novel I am writing. Heres it's blurb:

Amara was used to running. Running from her past, racing from police, sprinting to collect diamonds for her gang's quest against a dragon... All goes according to plan until the police find her hideout. Amara and her friends are thrown into a desperate escape but end up in more danger than when they started. Will their preparations be enough to keep them safe from the police? Will they be fast enough to escape the magical creatures that have entered their world? But most of all- can they all make it out alive?
If you are interested in partnering with me for this, please send me a message. Thank you! : )

coughlinra7

Re: Looking for a Critique Partner (Fantasy)

Post by coughlinra7 » November 9th, 2021, 1:55 pm

Hi there! I know it's been almost a year since you put this up, but I just joined the forum and ran across your post. I also write ya fantasy and am currently editing over my first novel of a ya fantasy series while writing the second book. If you still would like someone to look at your book, let me know. I would love to swap books with you. :)
You can reply to me here or reach out to me via email: coughlinra7@gmail.com
I wish you good luck on your writing journey!

sbobryant

Re: Looking for a Critique Partner (Fantasy)

Post by sbobryant » January 2nd, 2022, 6:10 am

coughlinra7 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 1:55 pm Hi there! I know it's been almost a year since you put this up, but I just joined the forum and ran across your post. I also write ya fantasy and am currently editing over my first novel of a ya fantasy series while writing the second book. If you still would like someone to look at your book, let me know. I would love to swap books with you. :)
You can reply to me here or reach out to me via email: coughlinra7@gmail.com
I wish you good luck on your writing journey!
Hey! I am in a very similar situation to you. I have a draft of my first book in my fantasy series and am working on the second book. My books are sitting between young adult/adult: they certainly have elements of YA, but are a bit darker than YA tends to be. I would love to work with you! :)