Looking for a CP for a 100k word lit fiction novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
kskaggs

Looking for a CP for a 100k word lit fiction novel

Post by kskaggs » October 8th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Hi,

I’m looking for a critique partner for my 100k word literary fiction novel. The work has gone through several rounds of editing, and I'm now looking for larger feedback on the overall plot, pacing, characters, etc. Does it draw you in and make you want to keep reading? I haven't sent the manuscript to agents yet and am looking for a few rounds of critiques before doing so.

I'm open to critiquing various genres and would be looking for an engaging storyline.

The pitch: In New York, one man aggressively rises as a journalist in a dying industry, while another in San Francisco starts a fast-rising social media company that grows beyond his control. Along with them, a woman, who works as an investment banker with family money, is the confidant of one man and becomes the wife of the other. The close relationship of these three, which starts in college, changes as they continually help and ultimately betray each other as one man’s deceit leads to murder and to the other’s greatest scoop, all in the search for success and the search for what that means.

If interested, please respond.

Chris1

Re: Looking for a CP for a 100k word lit fiction novel

Post by Chris1 » October 14th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Hi! I'd be interested in reading your book and am looking for a reader for a comic novel (100K) with an ensemble cast about a group of misfit reporters at a community paper in a snooty WASPY area trying to clear their name when a competitor attempts to take them down. I'm happy to share more if you are interested. I had an agent who got sick and had to stop agenting so I'm looking for a new one. One of my books is now being read by several agents. Thanks!

kskaggs

Re: Looking for a CP for a 100k word lit fiction novel

Post by kskaggs » October 15th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Hi Chris1 - sounds great. Would be happy to swap books and do mutual critiques. How about dropping a line at kevinlairdskaggs@gmail.com and we can exchange manuscripts.

Thanks!