looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
writer12345

looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Post by writer12345 » June 7th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Hello. I am a young writer with little experience in the world of turning a manuscript into a published book. I have recently finished my first full manuscript, and I am looking for someone to read and critique. I am willing to swap and be a critic myself as well.
My manuscript (fiction) is about a family living in the late 1970's and the experiences that they go through. It contains themes of sisterhood, motherhood and could probably be classified as a bildungsroman. My manuscript is far from perfect, but I am hoping that it has potential.

lindseyrmichalski

Re: looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Post by lindseyrmichalski » November 9th, 2020, 10:12 am

Hello writer12345!
I am also in the market for a critique partner, and your post really struck a chord. I also just finished my first manuscript, and would also classify my novel as bildungsroman. I especially like that you said themes of sisterhood and motherhood, because that is a large portion of my manuscript as well. Like you said, I'm just hoping mine has potential :)
If you would like to hear more, let me know!

Firecrakker

Re: looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Post by Firecrakker » February 10th, 2021, 6:44 pm

Hello writer12345 and lindseyrmichalsk, I am also looking for a critique partner and I feel my manuscript is similar to how you describe yours above, and wondered if you'd like to share critiquing duties with me. My book is a coming of age story about a girl growing up in the late 1970's and early '80's. She stumbles down the wrong path in life but with God's help, regains her footing and continues to grow and reach for her dreams. Please respond if you'd like to share stories. This is my first public attempt at finding a critique partner(s) and welcome all opinions to help me grow and learn to be a better writer.