Seeking Long Term Critique Partner(s) -- Literary Fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
rousseautim

Seeking Long Term Critique Partner(s) -- Literary Fiction

Post by rousseautim » April 24th, 2020, 11:07 am

My work generally lands pretty solidly in the literary fiction world, but I tend to write non-realist or surrealist work. I'm happy to read most literary fiction, but I'm especially interested in partnering with people looking to experiment with structure and genre, break some writing rules, and try to make work that doesn't subscribe to the realist mode of writing that seems to be so popular in literary writing circles.

For example, the novel I'm currently working on is an exploration of memory from the first person POV of a man with dementia as he sits in a bunker at the end of the world and wanders through the fragmented memories of his life. I tend to get political / philosophical / theological in my work so if you have an interest in any of that, that's a plus as well. I'd love to find someone trying to do something similar to exchange work with over a long term. Maybe we can exchange some short fiction to start and get a sense for each others' style and then move on to longer work from there? Ideally, I'd like to form a group of 2-4 people including myself.

kaito

Re: Seeking Long Term Critique Partner(s) -- Literary Fiction

Post by kaito » April 15th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Hi Tim,
I'm also an author interested in writing literary fiction looking for a critique partner for a wip of a novella length (54k). Get back to me and we can exchange short stories maybe?

rousseautim

Post by rousseautim » July 22nd, 2021, 6:21 pm

I sent you a private message-shoot me an email, I’m interested.

AJW

Post by AJW » September 1st, 2021, 10:49 am

I am interested in working with you. Please email me at: hink4570 at reagan dot com.

WriterBlight

Post by WriterBlight » September 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm

Would you be interested in exchanging work? I currently write short fantasy stories and eventually want to move into full novels. Send me a message if you are interested.