Desperately Want a CP for my YA novel, (happy to swap, 81k)

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Blake.r

Desperately Want a CP for my YA novel, (happy to swap, 81k)

Post by Blake.r » February 6th, 2020, 12:11 am

Hello to whoever has stumbled upon this,
My name is Blake and I’m looking for a beta reader to look over and give feedback for my novel (20 chapters, 81k words). It is a Young Adult novel and the first book I have ever written. I am looking for young adult readers primarily, because that is my main target audience, but I would also greatly appreciate anyone else’s feedback.

My novel is called Dollstone and is set in a secluded Australian beach town that has within it a tightknit and religious community that exists inside its own little bubble. Each chapter is split up into small sections, with each part following one of the 7 main characters and their parallel stories within this town.

Thank you very much, if you are interested then please send me an email at blake.rathie@gmail.com or reply below.

(I’m also up for swapping manuscripts and being a beta reader in return, if that sweetens the deal)

goldenbookworm97

Re: Desperately Want a CP for my YA novel, (happy to swap, 81k)

Post by goldenbookworm97 » February 26th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Hi,
I would be interested in swapping stories. My novel /WIP is called Don't Meet Your Heroes.

Here's the summary: "A publisher who becomes infatuated with an anonymous writer that the publisher represents. She goes on a journey to find the author's identity. Only to find out that some secrets are better left alone."
It's got a story within a story concept that involves a famous podcast and unlikely characters.

Let me know if you're interested!