Looking for a CP for a fantasy novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Anyrll

Looking for a CP for a fantasy novel

Post by Anyrll » January 7th, 2020, 10:59 am

Hello, my name is Alice.

I'm currently writing a fantasy novel, centered around a protagonist named Dryden. He has developed strange scars on both hands, and unknown men have begun appearing in his remote hometown. Rumors lead him to believe they are searching for him. Forced to flee, he joins with an older fellow who claims he might know why his hands are linked with these peculiar men.

I'm hoping to find a dedicated critique partner who'd be committed to giving/receiving consistent reviews. In regards to genre, I'm open to all types, and would strive to provide the most useful reviews, regardless of my experience in whichever genre it may be.

Thanks in advance to those who took their time to check out this post.

Mark_TheOGeek

Re: Looking for a CP for a fantasy novel

Post by Mark_TheOGeek » January 10th, 2020, 10:24 am

Hi Alice,

That's a fun hook. I could be interested! May I suggest that we share a couple of 'chapters' and see if we're compatible CPs?

Best,
_Mark

Anyrll

Post by Anyrll » January 13th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Sure, I'd be happy to!

Yotekai

Post by Yotekai » January 31st, 2020, 3:42 pm

Hello,

Let me know if you want to swap first chapters! I have the draft done and am looking for Beta readers.

Title: Yōkai

Age Range: Young Adult

Genre: Historical Fantasy

Blurb: Kiyoshi has been a fugitive since age 7, when in a panic, she accidentally willed a tree to come out of the ground and break a ruffian’s neck. She learned she is the daughter of a yōkai--an evil spirit. This makes her more dangerous than even the village's assassins, who wield an element of nature with body movements. But when she is banished to a new city at age 16, the unthinkable happens: no one there tries to kill her. Not even the foreigner Jacob, who takes a suspicious amount of interest in her, or the samurai Masamori, who is supposed to be her "teacher." Is this all subterfuge to hide another assassination attempt against the evil half-yōkai? Or is there a chance that she can belief Jacob's promises about never hurting her?

Last Book Read: Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi

Comp Title: Graceling by Kristin Cashore / Avatar: The Last Airbender

Thanks!

-Christie

dcthompson

Post by dcthompson » March 5th, 2020, 12:30 am

Hey Alice,

Are you still looking for a critique partner?

jl.jodi

Post by jl.jodi » March 18th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Hello Alice,

My name is Jodi and I am very interested in working with you as a critique partner if you are still in need of one. I mostly write fantasy or YA fantasy. I am currently working on a manuscript about people who work for "death". Instead of their being a soul reaper, there are many of them and they are responsible for making sure peoples souls are guided to the underworld. However there are some of these "reapers" who have decided to steal the souls of the dead instead. My story is about what happens to these souls and the main character tries to stop it.

I am still in the process of creating the first draft, so I am not sure if it is a little soon to search out a critique partner, but I would like to get some feedback on the direction that the book is heading. Let me know if you are interested in working together.