Looking for Critique Partner/Writing Buddy YA Fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
daniyo-gs

Looking for Critique Partner/Writing Buddy YA Fiction

Post by daniyo-gs » October 18th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Hello,

I am in the beginning stages of writing my YA Fiction Novel. I am looking for a critique Partner/writing buddy in order to motivate each other and go over each others work.

My novel is YA, LGTBQ+, Fiction, aiming for 60,000 words. At the moment I am at 15,000, I will be doing NaNoWrimo this year to build up my numbers. Hopefully buddy can also do NaNoWrimo with me.

My story revolves around a 17 year old Mexican-American boy who is trying to find acceptance from his mother, peers and himself before and after being outed by his mother.
He goes through a series of events that make him realize he has found false acceptance eventually finding out what he truly needs in his life.

It would be great to find someone in the same spectrum to collab and support each other.

Thanks! :D

Princesisto

Re: Looking for Critique Partner/Writing Buddy YA Fiction

Post by Princesisto » October 22nd, 2019, 12:47 am

Willing!

My stories are not specially-designed for YA but my Wattpad demographics tell me that is who reads and enjoys them, which is fine with me.

Perhaps it is because the main character is a 9 year old pop star in the year 2025, called "The New Little Princess". There is a novel manuscript almost finished but I take "apocryphal" stories about the Princess that didn't make it into the novel, trying to publish them as short stories.

There is also a similarity with your main character. The Princess is British but grew up in Guatemala from ages 5 to 9, speaks fluent Spanish and thinks of herself as Guatemalan first and "used-to-be" British. She also writes songs in Spanish and has a Latin following.

If you are interested in an exchange of about equal word count, PM me and I'll give you my e-address.

P