Looking for a partner for help with mutual crits for short stories set in Thailand

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Balzac888

Looking for a partner for help with mutual crits for short stories set in Thailand

Post by Balzac888 » March 15th, 2019, 3:15 am

Hi,

I’m retired now, but I used to be a teacher and still write freelance journalism articles. I also wrote a book about living and working as an expat in Thailand.

I am working on a second book which is a collection of short stories set in Bangkok, Thailand. I live in Thailand. I’ve already written 5-6 that have an Aristotlean “Begining, Middle & End” (though still need work) and am also working on 3-4 others. I hope to get it to be in a publishable state by sometime this year, 2019.

If anyone’s interested in doing a crit swap and see how it goes, do let me know.

cheers

Tom

autumn

Re: Looking for a partner for help with mutual crits for short stories set in Thailand

Post by autumn » August 14th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Hi Tom,

I hope it´s not too late in getting back to you as I would be very interested in reading your short stories and also need a critique partner. I am working on a children´s book about a small Atlantic island with a very different culture, based on a 400 year old legend. It´s 36000 words in length and I´ve been working on it in various workshops for the last couple of years. I´m afraid I don´t have anything published but a keen reader. Maybe we could swap a chapter and see what we think?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Norma

Balzac888

Re: Looking for a partner for help with mutual crits for short stories set in Thailand

Post by Balzac888 » August 18th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Hi Norma,

sorry for getting back to you late. I am not at my writing desk in Thailand right now as I'm teaching at a university in the UK over the summer.

Yes, I'd be interested in doing a mutual critique swap with you when I return to Thailand in mid September. I will be in touch then.

I'll be honest though in that I'm not much of an expert on children's literature so am not sure to what degree I can really help you with your work. That said, I'm prepared to give it a go.

Here is my personal email address where you can contact me - tommytuohy@yahoo.co.uk

all the very best and thanks for reaching out.

Tom