UPDATE: Found someone!! Seeking CP for 90K YA Fantasy

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
writersink

UPDATE: Found someone!! Seeking CP for 90K YA Fantasy

Post by writersink » February 18th, 2019, 3:25 am

UPDATE: no longer looking for a CP.

Hello everyone!

I have a 90K YA fantasy and I'm looking for a critque partner. My book is not a first draft and it has already gone through a round of comments from other writers. I like harsh comments and critques, and I give the same back (though I am nice and will say what is working too!!). I invest a lot of time in the swaps I do, and I'm looking for the same <3

CPs

I'm looking for in-depth feedback about character/plot/setting, as well as help with the overall polish. I'm an experienced CP and my strongest area is YA, though I'm happy to read anything. What I'm really looking for is a partnership to help us both improve our WIPs. I currently have one amazing CP and would like another.
Last edited by writersink on February 19th, 2019, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SouthernWriter

Re: Seeking Critique Partner for 90k YA Fantasy

Post by SouthernWriter » February 18th, 2019, 11:58 am

I'm interested. I currently have a 52K middle grade sci-fi which I am now revising. It will need a lot of revision.

My Book:

It's a Middle-Grade novel about a little boy who has a friendly alien for an adoptive sister. The alien girl is a humanoid alien with limited psychic powers typical of her people. She can disguise herself as a human, but she always looks like an ugly doll. In her normal form, she looks like a living doll made of green clay. In her disguised form, she sort of looks like an ugly mannequin. Her creepy looks belie her sweet nature. The story is about how the surreal siblings are introduced, how the protagonist helps his sister with her grieving process over the loss of her planet, and their adventures when a band of evil aliens (from another planet in her solar system) plague Earth.

CPs:

I'm looking for feedback about how well this suits the target audience, and about certain problems with plot and pacing. Help with cleaning up the prose would also be appreciated.