Looking: YA/MG Christian Fantasy Critique Partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Brianna

Looking: YA/MG Christian Fantasy Critique Partner

Post by Brianna » November 6th, 2018, 7:14 pm

NAME: Brianna

GENRE: Christian fantasy

PROJECTS: I have several projects. A few novellas and a novel-in-progress.
Two of the novellas are about people who get trapped in different worlds and/or time periods and have to figure out why they’re there and how to get back. There’s Old West Dream where a girl takes a train ride back in time, A Friendly Kidnapping where two girls are kidnapped for their own good and one is a kind of moral parable on bitterness (which also occurs in another world) called The Bitterroot. My novel-in-progress, while I made up the places, is not fantasy but more historically themed and a more adult story. It’s about a young woman who is very curious and kind, but with a fiery temper who meets the local hermit and subject of gossip. They become friends and together figure out a dark scheme that he is somehow connected to.

WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR IN CP: I would like someone who can point out plot holes or blurry areas, tell me what they think of my characters, as well as the basic stuff. I like constructive criticism, not too soft on me, but also encouraging. It would be ideal if it were someone with a basic Christian point of view as well. Although I have written just fantasy too.
PS- I read only manuscripts that have little to no foul language or sex references. Also no horror or dark themes.

ABOUT ME: Even though I am 29 I am still a child at heart and find it difficult to write on adult themes. My favorite books are Christy by: Catherine Marshall and Beauty by: Robin McKinley. Also Jane Eyre...Pride and Prejudice...Shadow of the Mountain...I like a lot.
(Fun facts) My hobbies are crochet and watercolor and diy projects and hanging with my service dog.