Critique partner - women's contemporary lit novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Clairecs

Critique partner - women's contemporary lit novel

Post by Clairecs » October 13th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Hi! I'm looking for a critique partner for my women's contemporary novel. I'd love to find someone in the same genre, and I'm happy to read yours and critique in return! I need someone who likes and knows this genre to take a look :)!

Lidd

Re: Critique partner - women's contemporary lit novel

Post by Lidd » October 23rd, 2018, 12:28 pm

Hi!
I also write in women's fiction genre and am also in search of a critique partner. I'm not sure how this usually works :)
Could you specify where exactly does your novel sit in the WF genre? Contemporary, historical, romance, suspense, upmarket? Mine is contemporary, with a romantic twist, leaning towards upmarket (hopefully).
Maybe we could exchange a few paragraphs and see if we fit.

KathyS

Post by KathyS » November 5th, 2018, 9:39 am

Hello,
My writing fits into this genre. It takes place mid-century in New York, USA during 1976. There is a bit of a romantic element. It is about an educated woman deciding whether to stand on her own or become a housewife. There's quite a bit of misbehaving, drugs, sex, cursing. Perhaps we could send each other a chapter and see if we fit.
I would like to exchange about 15-20 pages twice a month.

Anil Okin

Post by Anil Okin » January 6th, 2019, 12:58 pm

I am a little late to this party but if any of you ladies are still on the market for a critique partner for your novels, maybe we could try exchanging samples to see if we might be a good fit. I am looking for a fairly quick turn around. My novel is set in 2015 in Singapore, Costa Rica and California, and tells parallel stories of two women, one in her early forties, the other in her early twenties as they each navigate the challenges of their age - infertility and career stagnation for the older woman, romance and familial pressure for the younger.