Looking for MG Fantasy writer for critique partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
fivecats

Looking for MG Fantasy writer for critique partner

Post by fivecats » June 11th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Hi,

I'm a former elementary school librarian who gave up that life to earn enough money in the world of IT to be able to support my family. During my days I'm the IT Manager for a University Press; by night, I write, and, along with my wife, I'm staff for our five cats.

My current WIP is a Steampunk series set in London in 1850. They feature an eccentric Professor, his butler and his young lab assistant. Two stories (18,700 & 19,400 words) have already been sent out to some close friends for review and comment and I'm close to transforming the introduction to the characters into a full first story. I've made changes based on my friends' comments/suggestions but I know the stories would benefit from comments/suggestions from other writers.

I have done manuscript criticisms in the past and can offer detailed explanations as to why something does or does not work for me in a story, about characters & their motivations and overall impressions. I am also hip-deep in the query writing process and am more than willing to help out as I can there as well.

A sense of my writing style can be found at my blog (http://fivecats.livejournal.com). Travel writing (culled from the same blog) can be found elsewhere. (http://www.unc.edu/~tf/docs/General/Writing_Photo.html)

It's important that we both feel we're a good match for one another. So, if you're interested, please tell me a bit about yourself, the projects you're working on and where I can read some of your writing.

I look forward to working with you!

-- Tom

kenmclovin

Re: Looking for MG Fantasy writer for critique partner

Post by kenmclovin » September 2nd, 2010, 3:34 pm

Hi Tom,

My name is Ken and I have just finished my first draft on a novel titled "The City." It is a fantasy story, just beyond 87,000 words. If you'd like to know more about me and my writing, you can visit my blog- just1writer.blogspot.com
No, this isn't shameless self promotion, I just think it may be the best way for you to decide if we are compatible crit partners. I'd love to find someone with similar tastes, that can be honest and constructive in their crits of my work.

thank you
Ken