I'll read anything!

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
jalcorn

I'll read anything!

Post by jalcorn » May 16th, 2010, 12:14 pm

hey all,

I am looking for a critique partner. My current MS in in last revision (yeah right!) and hopefully I'll be able to start querying in another couple of years;) in any event, I read everything but am best suited to critique suspense, sci-fi, mystery, thrillers and the ever-popular fantasy. I am looking for one person to trade chapters with. Must be thick skinned and provide your own ego. Must also possess the ability to speak your mind without the obligatory sugar-coating.

About me: I am an Air Force officer of 23 years, Emergency Department Physician Assistant by profession, and one hell of an avid reader. My MS is a thriller concerning religious topics. As mentioned in the subject line: I'll read anything and find that some of the best critiques come from people who aren't in the least interested in my genre. I mean, if you can intrigue someone who cares only for romance then you're really doing something right.

I have followed this blog for about two years, but this is the first time I've posted.

Hope to hear from you.

Jeff

jho

Re: I'll read anything!

Post by jho » May 17th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Jalcorn, I think you and I are the only ones still looking. If you're still interested, let me know. Mine is, I guess, commercial YA.

Prince

Post by Prince » July 12th, 2010, 5:52 am

Hi

I would want to be your partner though I write contemporary YA romance. I know I'm good at criticizing contructively. Since you believe what I write doesn't matter, why not? Let's share, including you Jalcorn.

gsfields2004

Post by gsfields2004 » July 15th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Jeff,

I'm a recently retired Air Force Officer (22 years as a Computer-Communications Officer) and I'm working on my first attempt at a novel. I'm definately thick skinned and prefer not to have sunshine blown up my butt...I get enough of that at my new job.

My book is called THE ORACLE’S REVENGE and is a novel about an Air Force officer who becomes the unwilling pawn in a game of revenge between the Oracle of Cumae and Apollo; a game that could cost him his career, his love, and his life. I'm hoping the book will appeal to people who like Dan Brown.

Let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.

Greg

Prince

Post by Prince » July 16th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Yea. Dan Brown is ok for me. I like his work - Davinci code & all.

CraftyCreations

Post by CraftyCreations » July 20th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Thank you gentlemen for serving.

I was a sergeant in the Army and I'd be willing to read. I prefer only a couple chapters at a time. You could say that I'm thick skinned. ;)

I'm writing a memoir about the Army! ]:X

Candy
I can spell - my keyboard can't.

AMRiley

Post by AMRiley » February 12th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Jeff, have you found a crit partner? I write GLBT themed murder mysteries but, honestly, the mystery is the thing I care about. I've got an editor, but she only proof reads.

I read absolutely everything. I prefer mystery and adventure stories to romance. My current fave is 'Border Lords' by Parker Jefferson. I only wish I could write like that!

I've posted a 'looking for crit partner' on this board, if you want to take a look at the synopsis for my latest endeavor.

Cheers!

Ann