looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
writer12345

looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Post by writer12345 » June 7th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Hello. I am a young writer with little experience in the world of turning a manuscript into a published book. I have recently finished my first full manuscript, and I am looking for someone to read and critique. I am willing to swap and be a critic myself as well.
My manuscript (fiction) is about a family living in the late 1970's and the experiences that they go through. It contains themes of sisterhood, motherhood and could probably be classified as a bildungsroman. My manuscript is far from perfect, but I am hoping that it has potential.

lindseyrmichalski

Re: looking for a critique partner young adult fiction

Post by lindseyrmichalski » November 9th, 2020, 10:12 am

Hello writer12345!
I am also in the market for a critique partner, and your post really struck a chord. I also just finished my first manuscript, and would also classify my novel as bildungsroman. I especially like that you said themes of sisterhood and motherhood, because that is a large portion of my manuscript as well. Like you said, I'm just hoping mine has potential :)
If you would like to hear more, let me know!