*REVISED* (AGAIN) Query letter for "Gaia's Secret"

Share your blood sweat tears query for feedback and lend your hard-won expertise to others
GaoYuQing

Re: *REVISED* (AGAIN) Query letter for "Gaia's Secret"

Post by GaoYuQing » February 20th, 2011, 10:47 pm

bkloss wrote:Hey thanks...funny all the directions these things go. And it seems you understand..people keep wanting more 'details' so you give more details and then you end up with a synopsis. AGH!

I think I agree. I'm going to go back to the last version (this is exhausting!) and tweak and be done with it. For now ;)

Thanks so much for your input. It's apparently taking me ALL possible angles before I find the right 'fit'. Why, oh why, do I learn everything in life this way?
Heh, quite likely cause we tend to be too hard-headed to learn it any other way ;)
Considering the many guidelines queries have I'd say pick a style and go with it. I chose K. Nelson's philosophy for mine, and it was reinforced when I grabbed a half dozen fantasy novels off my shelf and read the back cover. Vagueness and hints are rampant on these and they sold well, so I'm becoming comfortable in my inner vagueness. Someone want's to know more detail, well then read the book! :P But these hash sessions with other authors has been sooooo helpfull for me. I just wish I hadn't burned the 4 agent bridges before coming here >.<
Last edited by GaoYuQing on February 20th, 2011, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bkloss

Re: *REVISED* (AGAIN) Query letter for "Gaia's Secret"

Post by bkloss » February 20th, 2011, 10:54 pm

No kidding! I was a little too hasty too with mine, but ceased immediately ;) It's a learning process, eh?

Thanks again for your input--and your advice on picking what works for you. It's so helpful knowing you're not alone--these forums have absolutely reinforced that! Everyone has so many incredibly insightful things to say, and I only get one page so it's hard to choose. Decisions, decisions, decisions...I'm going to go have a glass of wine.