Nathan's query "template"

Share your blood sweat tears query for feedback and lend your hard-won expertise to others
Tycoon

Re: Nathan's query "template"

Post by Tycoon » May 30th, 2010, 1:21 am

Hey Lex.. how bout this.

Janelle is a (maybe put in what type of scientist... like genetic) scientist living in 22nd century Phoenix. But when she becomes a victim of her own experiment, Janelle must find a way to control the panther DNA infused in her, outwit lead scientist Frederick James by discovering his mysterious intentions for choosing her as a lab rat, and find a way to reverse the mutation.

my 2 cents anyways

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » May 30th, 2010, 1:56 am

Shadow - If I remember correctly vitiosus is a slave... so try this?

Vitiosus is a half-human, half-Lassertian living as a slave in the tyrannical kingdom of Seramia. But when an old warrior reveals to him the truth of his royal bloodline, Vitiosus decides he must overthrow the king, claim the throne, and end the cruel rein of oppression terrorizing his people.

just my 2 cents

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » May 30th, 2010, 1:59 am

JustineDell wrote:I'm ashamed of myself. I've never tried Nathan's template!

I really like the way yours turned out. Let me give it shot:

Samantha is a washed up novelist living in New York city fighting daily battles with her rampant OCD and anger issues. But when her grandmother's near death sends her packing back home, Samantha must overcome the rage that's been ruling her life. To top it off, she must work alongside the man who stole her virginity and pushed her aside like moldy meatloaf in order to put her broken self back together.

Whew...that's not too shabby. Well, it doesn't totally suck. ;-) I had to make it three sentences, otherwise I had one massive run-on at the end.

Thanks for reminding me of this template!

~JD
HAHAHAHA moldy meatloaf... I love it!

lexcade

Post by lexcade » May 30th, 2010, 4:45 am

Tycoon wrote:Hey Lex.. how bout this.

Janelle is a (maybe put in what type of scientist... like genetic) scientist living in 22nd century Phoenix. But when she becomes a victim of her own experiment, Janelle must find a way to control the panther DNA infused in her, outwit lead scientist Frederick James by discovering his mysterious intentions for choosing her as a lab rat, and find a way to reverse the mutation.

my 2 cents anyways

i likes it. molto bene! *playing way too much assassin's creed 2 and using it to learn italian... because i'm a dork.*
"Art imitates nature as well as it can, as a pupil follows his master; thus it is sort of a grandchild of God." ~~Dante

Tycoon

Post by Tycoon » May 30th, 2010, 4:53 am

lexcade wrote:
Tycoon wrote:Hey Lex.. how bout this.

my 2 cents anyways

i likes it. molto bene! *playing way too much assassin's creed 2 and using it to learn italian... because i'm a dork.*
no problem... upon further notice I used the phase "find a way" 2 times... probably be better to change one to "learn"

Janelle is a genetic scientist living in 22nd century Phoenix. But when she becomes a victim of her own experiment, Janelle must learn to control the panther DNA infused in her, outwit lead scientist Frederick James by discovering his mysterious intentions for choosing her as a lab rat, and find a way to reverse the mutation.

lexcade

Post by lexcade » May 31st, 2010, 12:58 am

so sad that i didn't really notice the "find a way" twice in that. but it was like 4 am. that's my defense, and i'm sticking to it. :-D
"Art imitates nature as well as it can, as a pupil follows his master; thus it is sort of a grandchild of God." ~~Dante