Search found 19 matches
- February 11th, 2014, 4:26 pm
- Forum: Self-Publishing
- Topic: Formatting image heavy books
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2494
My gut tells me that you should let the publisher take care of it UNLESS you are planning on doing book layout often in the future. In order to properly layout the kind of project you are talking about I think InDesign is best. If you have graphic design experience then learning InDesign won't be co...
- February 6th, 2014, 2:25 pm
- Forum: Social Media and Book Promotion
- Topic: 6 Tricks To Be A Successful Blogger
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5627
I have recently decided to start writing tutorials. I have done this sort of thing informally before, and had a lot of fun doing so, but now that I am thinking of submitting to sites that have rigorous standards I find myself procrastinating with other work. :| oh well. I'll get into it soon. Thanks...
- February 6th, 2014, 2:20 pm
- Forum: Writing
- Topic: Software Accurately Predicts Books' Popularity By Analyzing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2770
Less successful work tended to include more verbs and adverbs and relied on words that explicitly describe actions and emotions such as “wanted”, “took” or “promised”, while more successful books favoured verbs that describe thought processes such as “recognised” or “remembered”. I do tend to avoid...