Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
- October 6th, 2010, 12:22 pm
- Forum: Writing
- Topic: Sally feels your pain. Harry just points and laughs.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 549
You could say that fiction is about pain. When you boil them down, stories describe characters taking hits and trying to emerge as unscathed as possible. Neighborhood under attack by zombies? Run hard and hope you have some painkillers on hand if they catch you. Or what if it’s actually a friendly, ...
- June 10th, 2010, 5:37 pm
- Forum: Nominate Your Query or First Page for a Critique on the Blog
- Topic: Nominate Your First Page for a Critique on the Blog
- Replies: 720
- Views: 300765
Title: Midnight Thief Genre: YA Fantasy Maybe this James fellow wanted her dead. Kyra considered this as she peered off a ledge, squinting at the cobblestone four stories below. A false step in the darkness could kill her; even if she survived the fall, palace guards would finish her off. But she’d ...
- April 16th, 2010, 9:17 pm
- Forum: Procrastination
- Topic: Which celeb/s have you met?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 10557
Cool to read all the stories! I did a bit of celebrity stalking back in college. Natalie Portman was a year above me, so I'd run into her once in a while, never talked to her though, and sometimes had trouble recognizing her. Jonathan Taylor Thomas was in my class, and apparently sat at my lunch tab...
- January 15th, 2010, 10:55 am
- Forum: Writing
- Topic: Of working with a famous Editor and killing your darlings
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2227
I was thinking of working with Alan Rinzler too, except I'm not sure I can afford him on a grad student stipend :-)
I find that if I give myself permission to write crap and just start putting stuff down, or skip to a differnet part of the project, then the juices will eventually start flowing.