Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- April 10th, 2011, 11:54 am
- Forum: Ask Nathan
- Topic: Should query for memoir be written in 1st or 3rd person
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1095
Please help settle a debate now going on. One person says writing a memoir query in the 3rd person is arrogant, but another person who has been an editor for a publisher says queries should always be in the third person regardless of genre. Help!
- April 10th, 2011, 8:38 am
- Forum: Queries
- Topic: Life Journeys of a Cockney Girl
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1153
I chose to submit my work to you because of your previous interest in memoirs, and because of your affiliation with the respected …….Agency. Life Journeys of a Cockney Girl, is a 91,000 word Memoir and is my first book. A second book nears completion. If she had known her mother tried to give birth ...
- April 9th, 2011, 1:41 pm
- Forum: Nominate Your Query or First Page for a Critique on the Blog
- Topic: Nominate Your Query for a Critique on the Blog
- Replies: 213
- Views: 142412
Life Journeys of a Cockney Girl, is a 90,759 Memoir. It is the first book of a possible trilogy; the second book is nearing completion. My name then was, Iris Jones, and I was five years old when separated from my family during the evacuation of Britain's children in WWII (1939 – 1945). Torn from my...