Seeking Critique Partner

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Cheske

Seeking Critique Partner

Post by Cheske » November 23rd, 2023, 8:50 pm

Hello,

I am seeking a critique partner for a novel in the late stages of its life before I feel ready to publish. I can't trust my own lying eyes any more, and I need somebody not to blow smoke up my ass. In short: I need to know that I'm delusional with my writing.

The Soap Man is 56,000 words, and I would align it as general lit fiction with some political (more lighthearted and blase than serious) and some surrealist elements.

Joseph Kent used to work in his father's soap factory, repairing his dead brother's perpetual motion machine until he becomes enamored with a new political movement. He quickly becomes a disillusioned member of the fringe Post-Post-banned word Party. Believing he could lead the party into prominence, he murders Diego Valdez, the party's enigmatic leader, in a bid to usurp power. Before he can take control, he is ousted from the party and must fight to build The Post-Valdez banned word Party from the ground up before his crime is discovered and he faces the music.

If you believe this is a story that would interest you, I would love to trade stories and give one another critiques. The notes I'm looking for aren't so much on story (although I'm not opposed to them) but what I can do to tighten it up, make sure the characters are solid and the prose is clean.

Thank you,
Cheske

rousseautim

Re: Seeking Critique Partner

Post by rousseautim » February 10th, 2024, 3:29 pm

I’m still in the early stages of my next novel, but it’s also got a surreal and political character, and in the meantime, I’d love to read what you have. Rousseautim at gmail if you’re interested.