Looking for a CP partner- Contemporary, upper YA

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
catlady13

Looking for a CP partner- Contemporary, upper YA

Post by catlady13 » April 13th, 2020, 11:37 am

Hello!

This is such a surreal time to be looking for a cp partner but then again, why not? If not now, when?

A brief bit about me: I've got a lot of writing, publishing, and editing experience and am looking for a good match to swap ms with. My current WIP is the fifth book in my YA series and I want to get it prepped to show to my publisher some time by the end of this year. Up until now, my manuscripts have been workshopped in writing classes (MFA program) or with an agent (I no longer have one). If anyone is interested, please let me know. I like to read YA, memoirs, or adult literary fiction and don't prefer fantasy, horror, erotica, or sci-fi. (Why does this feel like an ad on a dating site?! 😜)

P.S. I can provide more details on my WIP and about myself but am not sure how much to include here.

P.S.S. I've never really done this type of critique experience and so I apologize for my awkwardness... :P

Ward

Re: Looking for a CP partner- Contemporary, upper YA

Post by Ward » June 5th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Hi! I'm also looking for a CP for my contemporary YA coming of age story featuring a trans MC struggling with all the messy bits of being a teenager.
Some trigger warnings: there are mentions of suicide, sexual assault, and alcoholism (no graphic scenes, though). Let me know if you're still looking for someone or interested and we can share more details.
Thanks! :]

jessywrites

Post by jessywrites » June 12th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Hi Ward,
I'd be interested in reading your work and exchanging feedback on my coming of age novel. I can't DM you since I'm a new user. If you could initiate contact we could see if we are a right fit!
J

bodyboardJul

Post by bodyboardJul » July 8th, 2020, 2:23 am

Hi Catlady13, Ward and jessywrites,

My name is Julia and I just found this site today and registed a sec ago.

I have 2 published non-fiction books (I have a PhD in the social sciences) and just wrote the first draft of a YA novel that is a 158-page coming-of-age thing related to a girl's love of animals (specifically cats Catlady13). It includes romance, some mystery, a tad of science fiction and includes an attempted sexual assault, alcoholism, and small town politics (nothing graphic).

I am happy to read/critique in exchange for the same and like to read YA, memoirs, or adult literary fiction. I don't know what else to do/say so will hit submit!