The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Fran93

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Fran93 » August 19th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I followed Tiffany Dow who posted a favorable comment about this forum on her blog! I write blog posts, reports and ebooks and also do some freelancing. I'm planning to do some publishing on Kindle and I need all the input I can get.

I'm looking forward to contributing wherever I can on this forum.

Fran

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » August 19th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Welcome gnf, useless, Tiffany and Fran!

The best way to join us is to just jump in, comment, post questions or discussion topics. Everyone is welcome!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

SarahJaneLehoux

Hello!

Post by SarahJaneLehoux » August 23rd, 2012, 8:55 pm

Hi!

My name is Sarah-Jane Lehoux and I'm an author, editor, and cover artist. I'm hoping to find some useless info and make some new connections, but more importantly, friends.

I suck at talking about myself, so if you're interested visit www.sarah-janelehoux.com

Thanks! :)

lindsayB3462

Post by lindsayB3462 » August 27th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Hi everyone! I am resurrecting the introduction thread to announce my arrival :) I am a short story writer as well as an ebook ghostwriter. My latest project is an accounting of conspiracy theories as a ghostwriter...it is pretty interesting to say the least.

MattLarkin

Re: Hello!

Post by MattLarkin » August 28th, 2012, 8:53 am

SarahJaneLehoux wrote:Hi!

My name is Sarah-Jane Lehoux and I'm an author, editor, and cover artist. I'm hoping to find some useless info and make some new connections, but more importantly, friends.

I suck at talking about myself, so if you're interested visit http://www.sarah-janelehoux.com

Thanks! :)
You hope to find some useless information? I guess you could try to the "All Things Procrastination" forum.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

SarahJaneLehoux

Re: Hello!

Post by SarahJaneLehoux » September 3rd, 2012, 10:47 am

D'oh! :lol:

emercaughfield

Post by emercaughfield » September 14th, 2012, 4:39 am

Hey...I am Emer and I am from America. I love reading books and specially ebooks.

longknife

Post by longknife » September 16th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Well, I'm not new here by a long shot but had to change my user name due to vitriolic personal attacks by a poster on another discussion forum - to include attacks against my wife.

You all know me as lvcabbie. I hope you will also know me as Dale Day, author of the Father Serra's Legacy series. I'm going to post the url to my publisher's website and hope you will drop in and visit.

Thanks. 8-)
Drop by Father Serra's Legacy http://msgdaleday.blogspot.com. Comments always eagerly awaited - but only if you find the item interesting enough to respond to.

JustSarah

Last time,

Post by JustSarah » September 25th, 2012, 9:08 am

I registered I did not properly introduce myself. I'm sort of a naturally shy person. Anyway I'm sort of an experimental writer. You could say I write post dystopian, though that term seems to have a lot of baggage these days.D: I'm sort of an odd one, as i sometimes prefer to write a synopsis than rush into writing a novel. although this is the reverse of how I use to be.
Last edited by JustSarah on October 28th, 2012, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vivalalauren

Post by vivalalauren » October 25th, 2012, 5:38 am

Hello, I'm Lauren, a chronic lurker. I think I'm registered on half the writer forums on the internet, and have yet to really find my notch. I write contemporary YA, although I'm known to stick my toes in the middle grade pool. I'd also like to break out of the contempt box, but I'm really bad with change.

Looking forward to lurking - i mean getting to know! you all.

ivin

Post by ivin » October 25th, 2012, 9:08 am

Hi there,

My name's Ivin. Glad to meet you all. I'm a happily married man with a newborn son (woo hoo) and two little amusing Jack Russells. Lovely to meet you all. I run my own business and have self published two books. I am a huge fan of WWE on the Xbox.

afamiliarletter

Post by afamiliarletter » October 28th, 2012, 11:12 am

Hey, my name is Chris and I've been an on and off lurker here for the past couple years. Looking forward to some good discussion on this mad subject of writing. Working on a novel, short stories and poetry. Hope to meet some good friends here. Super times!
cdm

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » November 8th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Welcome Chris and Ivin! You've come to the right place for good discussion and for a great place to hang out. I look forward to your comments!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

boozysassmouth

Post by boozysassmouth » December 6th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Hello,

Just introducing myself. I took a break from writing over the last few years to get into and then through grad school. Now that I'm approaching my final semester, I'm itching to write again. And I've found that I miss talking to other writers. My current project is a novella, though I'm still in the plotting stages. Genre-wise I enjoying writing in crime, scifi and urban fantasy, though most of what I read is the former.

I look forward to talking with you all!
"Please explain to me the scientific nature of the whammy." - Dana Scully

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » December 7th, 2012, 9:45 pm

boozysassmouth wrote:Hello,

Just introducing myself. I took a break from writing over the last few years to get into and then through grad school. Now that I'm approaching my final semester, I'm itching to write again. And I've found that I miss talking to other writers. My current project is a novella, though I'm still in the plotting stages. Genre-wise I enjoying writing in crime, scifi and urban fantasy, though most of what I read is the former.

I look forward to talking with you all!
Welcome to the Bransforums! This is a great place for hanging out with other writers. Best thing to do is get right in there and start posting, which I've noticed you have done. So, good for you! I look forward to getting to know you better.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven