I'm desperate for writing podcasts.

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
AnimaDictio

I'm desperate for writing podcasts.

Post by AnimaDictio » May 9th, 2012, 4:47 pm

While at work, I listen to radio (NPR, C-SPAN) and sermons but that can get old. I've always wanted a writing podcast I could listen to five days a week. Thanks to this forum, I discovered Brandon Sanderson's Write About Dragons lectures, but now that I've listened to all those, I want more. And Nathan seems to have given up on the Wordplay! podcast.

Do any of you listen to writing podcasts?

dios4vida

Re: I'm desperate for writing podcasts.

Post by dios4vida » May 9th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Writing Excuses. I've just started listening to them but they're great. They're pretty short so they won't fill your hours or anything, but there are seven seasons you can get caught up on. I think new ones are once a week.

http://www.writingexcuses.com/season001/
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Hillsy

Post by Hillsy » May 10th, 2012, 4:53 am

I was going to say Writing Excuses, but Brenda got there first, like the shopper carrying off the last fresh baguette as you round the aisle end.

Adventures in Sci-Fi Publishing has a crap-ton (Is that one word, hyphenated, or two words by the way?) of interviews with authors, agents and editors. The interviews are a much more anecdotal, but they do tend to ask authors questions that develop into writing advice.

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » May 10th, 2012, 11:05 am

Thanks guys!

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » May 10th, 2012, 11:50 am

Hillsy wrote:I was going to say Writing Excuses, but Brenda got there first, like the shopper carrying off the last fresh baguette as you round the aisle end.
HA! The fluffy fresh deliciousness of that last baguette shall be MINE, and I shall nom on it and laugh at the desolate look on your face when you realized there will be no baguette for you tonight! Snagged it from right under your nose! Mwahahaha...

Er...I mean...so sorry, Hillsy.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » May 10th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Nathan's podcast WORDPLAY was really good until it died in February. *hint, hint, Nathan!*

But the old episodes are still there.

CV

Mira

Post by Mira » May 13th, 2012, 12:38 pm

I want some of the baguettes, too. Yummy.

I found this link. I can't vouch for the quality of any of them, but they sound good:

http://www.writerstechnology.com/2008/0 ... stening-to

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 13th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Mur Lafferty has a podcast called 'I Should Be Writing.'

KM Weiland has a short podcast called 'Wordplay.'

John August has a screenwriting podcast, 'Scriptnotes,' I think.

Grammar Girl on grammar.

Joanna Penn interviews writers (often self-published) on The Creative Penn.

They can all be found on iTunes.

There are also lots of genre-specific podcasts that have writers as guests and are semi-writing-focused (though you may have to sit through lots of, say, TV and video game discussion).

MattLarkin

Post by MattLarkin » July 2nd, 2012, 10:53 am

dios4vida wrote:
Hillsy wrote:I was going to say Writing Excuses, but Brenda got there first, like the shopper carrying off the last fresh baguette as you round the aisle end.
HA! The fluffy fresh deliciousness of that last baguette shall be MINE, and I shall nom on it and laugh at the desolate look on your face when you realized there will be no baguette for you tonight! Snagged it from right under your nose! Mwahahaha...

Er...I mean...so sorry, Hillsy.
I also enjoy Writing Excuses. They're pretty entertaining to listen to, which is a bonus.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

Gal135

Post by Gal135 » July 28th, 2012, 2:20 pm

I, too, search for great podcasts on writing, both to psych me up for a writing session and help me get better. In addition to the fabulos podcasts already mentioned, I have also found:

Dragon Page Cover to Cover: http://www.dragonpage.com/

The Secrets Podcast for Writers: http://www.stormwolf.com/thesecrets/podcasts/index.html

Thrillercast: http://www.thrillerpodcast.com/

*BUMP* I would love to see new episodes of Wordplay! Especially with the addition of Janette Rallison :)