Rave about your Significant Other, Friends, or Family!

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
dios4vida

Rave about your Significant Other, Friends, or Family!

Post by dios4vida » August 12th, 2011, 1:25 pm

This morning I had a great conversation with the Plotmaster (aka my husband, Brian). He figured out why I was having problems with the ending of my WIP and gave me the perfect solution for it!!

(No, wait, it gets better!)

I mentioned that I couldn't wait to get this written down, but I had to vacuum and do other chores I've been neglecting in my obsession with this ending. He looked at me and said, "Write first. The chores can wait."

<gush> I just fell in love with him all over again.

I'm sure y'all have stories like this, too. Well, this is the place to share them!!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Claudie

Re: Rave about your Significant Other, Friends, or Family!

Post by Claudie » August 12th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Yeaah! My boyfriend solved several significant plot problems in my current WIP, either with direct suggestions, questions, or off-handed comments that I put together. I had to bring him up to speed with the entire story, because at first he was super confused (I am not good with clear narration when I talk), but now that he has a good handle on things, he has the Perfect Idea-Bouncing Wall.

I love him. ^^
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Cookie

Post by Cookie » August 12th, 2011, 1:58 pm

My brother fills that roll for me. We are like the same person. Except he's taller and has shorter hair.

I was trying to work out a plot issue once, so I called him and said, "Help! I'm plotting!"

His response: "Someone's demise?"

Me: "Figuratively speaking."

Within 2 minutes of talking to him I had it figured out.

sbs_mjc1

Post by sbs_mjc1 » August 13th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Don't know what I would do writing-wise without my coauthor (not sure what he'd do without me, either). We work by bouncing ideas off each other almost continually.
http://sb-writingtheother.blogspot.com/
FORGOTTEN GODS is out September 17th 2011! Check the blog for details.

sheribomb

Post by sheribomb » August 13th, 2011, 6:05 pm

So glad we have such supportive people in our lives! I usually chat up my twin sister when I need some plotting advice, or just a good pep talk. We're both constantly juggling multiple creative projects and try to help each other out as best we can! Yay! :D

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » August 13th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Your husband sounds a lot like mine! :D I actually wrote a blog post the other day about our trip to Nashville which was spent discussing my series in full. He is such an awesome cheerleader and idea-bouncer-offer. :D

Babs in Paradise

Post by Babs in Paradise » August 13th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Appreciate the chance to praise my husband for all of his help and support. I have to admit, I don't let him "plot" with me, but he has been a life saver on my self-edit,even if he insists on all those pesky commas. He is my biggest cheerleader and keeps telling me how good my writing is. I of course, keep telling him that I need the opinion of someone who is not dependent upon me for dinner. Because of his help and encouragement "my precious" goes to the editors next week. He has given me the courage to let go. I love you honey, rest assured you are not Arturo.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » August 15th, 2011, 9:15 am

My husband reads every thing I write as soon as I decide to send it to him. I can't imagine how many first chapters my poor Ryan has had to read. He gives feedback each time, even if he's read a version of it before. I have no idea where he pulls his patience from, but he has WAY more of it than I do. I wouldn't be able to keep going some days without him.

Today is his first day back at school. He teaches English to high school seniors and he is an amazing teacher. I wish I would have had someone as cool as he is when I was in high school. Not that I didn't love all my English teachers, but they were all very old women who believed Charles Dickens was still in fashion.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » August 16th, 2011, 11:35 am

A guy in my critique group is like a machine. He has great solutions for every problem I encounter. He's like in his 70's and I think he's read every book ever written and memorized their plots. A machine, I tell you.

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » October 2nd, 2011, 7:40 pm

Where there's smoke, there's fire. If there's raving, can there also be ranting? :?

Lol, I don't have any friends besides whoever's on the Bransforums or other sites I belong to. Not too much, in fact nothing, in the way of close "family" (oh, but plenty of "relatives" I can't stand). I don't even have any pets. What I do have are my characters and, y'know, other people's characters. Not that I write fanfic or anything, but so far I've only had 6 friends all my life, and their names were Chandler, Joey, Ross, Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe. (7 if you count Gunther.) ;)

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » October 3rd, 2011, 12:14 am

Don't forget the chick and the duck, Rachel!
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » October 4th, 2011, 12:45 am

GingerWrite wrote:Don't forget the chick and the duck, Rachel!
:) :D :lol: Lol, not to mention Ugly Naked Guy and the mythical Smelly Cat! :lol:

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » October 5th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Rachel Ventura wrote:(oh, but plenty of "relatives" I can't stand).
Sheesh, can't we all relate to that one.

Well, your IRL life (sorry for the repetition) might be solitary, but you've got all of us!! :lol: Maybe we need to get Rachel a cat... :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » October 5th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Everyone deserves a cat :) Cat's for everyone! They're perfect companions for reading. Keep you warm by lying on your lap while you get so involved in the novel you don't notice the fire went out/radiator died/power outage
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

Rachel Ventura

Post by Rachel Ventura » October 8th, 2011, 2:20 am

I can't have any pets. :( The place where I live is too small and there is a no-animals policy. Also, everyone here is allergic to animals except me.

At least I have Smelly Cat on YouTube and the Lolcatz on the Cheezburger sites. ;)

Lolcat gets his first rejection: "I iz in yr manuscript, lookin 4 gud spelin. 404, gud budy. Kthxbai." :lol: