Writers' Platform-Building Campaign

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Sommer Leigh

Writers' Platform-Building Campaign

Post by Sommer Leigh » August 23rd, 2011, 8:47 am

*Note: I am not involved in the creation, running, or moderating of this event. I'm a participant, but I thought others might be interested in it. Enjoy!

Blogger and writer Rachael Harrie is running her third round of Writers' Platform-Building Campaign. Here's a description from her blog:

http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/
Basically, the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others’ online platforms while at the same time building theirs.

As the Campaign kicks off, you’ll have the names and blog addresses of the Campaigners on my List of Campaigners page so you can keep in touch with the other Campaigners. That way you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. And you’ll be able to meet those who have the most in common with you. You can visit their blogs and other places they haunt, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And they’ll be doing the same for you.

What is the campaign?
So after you sign up for the campaign, you get to pick small groups of other bloggers to work with and get to know. The groups are broken down by audience (MG, YA, Adult) and genre (Romance, Dystopian, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc). You join up with a small group of like bloggers and work to build strong networking relationships with them.

New to blogging? New to social networking?
This is the PERFECT place to jump both feet in if you're new to social networking and blogging. It's like starting out with a permanent and strong follower base. This is really the essence of blogging pay-it-forward.

Find out more information here: http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/
But hurry! The sign up began on 8/22/11 and will close to new members on 8/31/11. The campaign and blog challenges lasts until October 31st. Hope to see you there!

(I am part of the YA Group 2, Sci-Fi, and Dystopian groups.)
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

MattLarkin

Re: Writers' Platform-Building Campaign

Post by MattLarkin » August 23rd, 2011, 9:11 am

I saw this on Wicked & Tricksy. This sounds fantastic, thanks so much for the link, Sommer.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » August 23rd, 2011, 9:36 am

MattLarkin wrote:I saw this on Wicked & Tricksy. This sounds fantastic, thanks so much for the link, Sommer.
You're welcome!
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

maybegenius

Post by maybegenius » August 23rd, 2011, 11:35 am

I'm participating :) Thanks for spreading the word, Sommer!
aka S.E. Sinkhorn, or Steph

My Blog | My Twitter | YA!Flash Tumblr

Represented by Michelle Andelman of Regal Literary

meganstirler

Post by meganstirler » August 29th, 2011, 6:14 pm

I signed up just in time to get totally buried in an art project. Why is it that I have tons of time to screw around on the internet when I have no reason to and as soon as I have a reason to be online, I don't have time? Ah, irony...
Meg
meganstirler.wordpress.com