Garnering ebook reviews

News, trends, and the future of publishing
TaylorNapolsky

Garnering ebook reviews

Post by TaylorNapolsky » August 9th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Hi,

I'm getting ready to launch my novella, but I know I need some reviews first. I had a couple questions about that.

How do authors send there book to book reviewers? Do they wend them the PRC file, so the reviewer can put it right on there Kindle?

Or do they email them a word document, or is it just up to the reviewer?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for people I should go to get reviews, that would be awesome.

Finally, you who have done this before, do you ask friends for reviews ever, or people you know?

I was thinking about asking someone in my writer's group, but I just wanted to get an opinion on that.

thanks as always!

Taylor

Margo

Re: Garnering ebook reviews

Post by Margo » August 10th, 2011, 1:14 pm

As far as book bloggers go, each one has personal preferences and rules. Some won't work with self-published writers. Some require a particular file format if the book is submitted electronically. It's like searching for an agent; you have to check into each one individually.

I suggest doing an internet search for book bloggers in your genre or perhaps a general directory of book bloggers, which you would then have to go through to find bloggers who will review in your genre.

Be aware that the wait from the time they say yes to the time they post the review can sometimes be several months. Popular book bloggers get very very busy.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

longknife

Post by longknife » August 10th, 2011, 3:23 pm

If you check out my blog you will find on the right side a page listing places/sites that review e- and indie books and short stories.

TaylorNapolsky

Post by TaylorNapolsky » August 15th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Okay thanks! I'll check out the side of your blog.