:o :lol: :D
That is most awesome! Congrats!
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

Down the well

Re: The SQUEE GOOD NEWS Thread

Post by Down the well » June 17th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Hey Cheekychook, late congrats!! That's great news.

And Margo too, though I already congratulated you on your blog. :)

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » June 17th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Down the well wrote:Hey Cheekychook, late congrats!! That's great news.

Thanks Downthewell!

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » June 17th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Thanks Claudie, HillaryJ, ChantelleS, Sommer...and anyone else whose messages I missed. It's awesome to have the support of everyone here. Bransforumers rock. :D

Guardian

Post by Guardian » June 18th, 2011, 2:16 pm

The 50th fan has just joined to follow the humble fanpage of my little fantasy trilogy. Considering the odds and other novel fanpages, It's a pretty good number for a novel which will be released only in November (Especially as I haven't started any sort of marketing campaign at all.). :)

longknife

Offered a Contract

Post by longknife » June 21st, 2011, 12:27 pm

Nathan - I hope this is the right place to post this.

[actually TWO!!!]

On June 18th, I signed a contract with XOXO Publishing of Montreal, Canada for my novel SONORA SYMPHONY. {This is the one I had a contract for with Virtual Tales who went out of business} XOXO is a full-service published that had problems in the past which the owner is trying to overcome with new management. She is expanding her book list. I'm impressed as it not only has the main website, but a blog and two Yahoo groups for authors and staff to discuss stuff.

And then, here's the latest:

I just received a contract offer for my novel, The Sailor and The Carpenter, Book One of Father Serra's Legacy from BlueWood Publishing in New Zealand. They indicate they not only publish digital but paperback and, in some instances, hard bound books. They are a full-service publisher that does not charge authors for anything and pay royalties.

I submitted this to XOXO and haven't heard back yet. So, I sent XOXO an info copy of my email to Bluewood explaining my situation on Sonora Symphony and asking if the contract would include paperback or hardback publishing.

[of everything I've written to day, Sailor and Carpenter is to me the most likely to do extremely well. It has a ready-made market of Roman Catholics world-wide and everyone who lives in California and wants to know more about the early history of the state.

Now all I'm waiting for is to hear if a magazine will buy one of my sort stories.

Mira

Re: Offered a Contract

Post by Mira » June 24th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Wow, that is unbelievably awesome!! Congratulations! Very happy for you, and love the picture. :)

Just so you know, most people probably wouldn't notice this. You might try reposting in the procrastination section. the Squee Good News thread.

Congratulations again!

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » July 5th, 2011, 2:27 pm

I am beyond excited to announce that I have just signed a contract on my NOVEL! The contract is from a small press that does both digital and print, so it will be released within a year as an e-book and then as a paperback a month or so later. Still hasn't sunk in---I think I'll go pass out now.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » July 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm

cheekychook wrote:I am beyond excited to announce that I have just signed a contract on my NOVEL! The contract is from a small press that does both digital and print, so it will be released within a year as an e-book and then as a paperback a month or so later. Still hasn't sunk in---I think I'll go pass out now.
Congrats!

Claudie

Post by Claudie » July 5th, 2011, 4:04 pm

cheekychook wrote:I am beyond excited to announce that I have just signed a contract on my NOVEL! The contract is from a small press that does both digital and print, so it will be released within a year as an e-book and then as a paperback a month or so later. Still hasn't sunk in---I think I'll go pass out now.
Hooray! Congrats! :D
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » July 6th, 2011, 3:47 pm

I know you worked very hard for this - Congrats.

Are we allowed to say we (virtually) knew you when...?

Guardian

Post by Guardian » July 7th, 2011, 9:34 am

Congratulations! I wish you lots of loyal readers and great sales.:)

Guardian

Post by Guardian » July 8th, 2011, 12:19 pm

And a little fun for today. Today, this art about the main character of my fantasy novel Crystal Shade has reached the stars for the second time, this time aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis (Minus text and logos).

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » July 10th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Cookie,Claudie, Watcher and Guardian. I'll be keeping you all updated on the process. Hope to have a release date for the novella soon and the novel should be out within a year. Still having a hard time believing it.

I got the cover for the novella the other week---that made it seem much more real. I'll post it as soon as I'm allowed.

Filled out my cover art request form for the novel last night---that was surreal! No idea how long it will take but I can guarantee I'll show it as soon as I have permission!

PatriceFitz

Post by PatriceFitz » July 10th, 2011, 11:37 pm

I am excited to say that my newly-published eBook, RUNNING, has been available for only four days and already has two 5-star reviews (and no, not written by relatives!) It has also hovered around the 90th mark in Kindle eBooks for the "political" category. Which might not be high, but I'm pretty thrilled, since this is my first and it's so brand new.

Patrice
http://www.amazon.com/RUNNING-ebook/dp/B005AJA43O