In case of zombie attack...

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
charlotte49ers

In case of zombie attack...

Post by charlotte49ers » April 5th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Look no further than the library!

My friend (a librarian) just sent me this, in part b/c of my unnatural fear of a zombie apocalypse. :D

http://blogs.mcpherson.edu/library/wp-c ... dition.pdf

Robin

Re: In case of zombie attack...

Post by Robin » April 5th, 2011, 9:41 pm

LOL!! That was great. Love the "You can use the shelves to decapitate the zombies"
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » April 6th, 2011, 12:01 pm

HAHA!! That was sheer awesomeness! And I don't even like zombies!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Matthew MacNish

Post by Matthew MacNish » April 8th, 2011, 12:57 pm

It depends on what your goals are. If you want to survive, you go to an island. Everyone knows Zombies can't swim, so you get across deep water from them.

If you want to have fun, you go to the mall. Preferably one that also has a gun shop, just in case. Killing Zombies with sharp and blunt weapons is a lot more fun, but if you get mobbed you may need a shotgun.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » April 8th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:It depends on what your goals are. If you want to survive, you go to an island. Everyone knows Zombies can't swim, so you get across deep water from them.

If you want to have fun, you go to the mall. Preferably one that also has a gun shop, just in case. Killing Zombies with sharp and blunt weapons is a lot more fun, but if you get mobbed you may need a shotgun.
Eeeek, except in World War Z by Max Brooks! They could totally swim! Or sink, rather. Of all the things that creeped me out in that book, that the ocean was filled with zombies, like jelly fish, gave me nightmares.

Your link was awesome Charlotte :-)
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » April 8th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
Matthew Rush wrote:It depends on what your goals are. If you want to survive, you go to an island. Everyone knows Zombies can't swim, so you get across deep water from them.

Eeeek, except in World War Z by Max Brooks! They could totally swim! Or sink, rather. Of all the things that creeped me out in that book, that the ocean was filled with zombies, like jelly fish, gave me nightmares.

Your link was awesome Charlotte :-)
AAH! That book would totally scare me. I wonder if my library has it. I was horrified when I discovered sea spiders, and spiders that could swim underwater. I thought I was safe in the water. Now my only safe haven is the sky. I might die if I ever discover flying spiders. *shudder*

Margo

Post by Margo » April 8th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Matthew Rush wrote:If you want to have fun, you go to the mall. Preferably one that also has a gun shop, just in case. Killing Zombies with sharp and blunt weapons is a lot more fun, but if you get mobbed you may need a shotgun.
Yeah, definitely don't want to be caught without firearms. BUT a good museum would also be a good place to stop off, for the swords and halberds, 'cuz conserving ammo might become an issue. So if you use the buddy system and travel in groups of two or three, if you run into a lone zombie, the one or two people with halberds pin the zombie from a safe distance (don't want any scratches) while the guy with the sword decaps it.

Yeah, I've put a lot of thought into this. I saw Night of the Living Dead waaay too young.

The kind of zombies I cannot abide are the tool-using zombies. If you can't say your name, you aren't allowed to pick up a brick to smash my car window!
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » April 14th, 2011, 3:16 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7- ... ickly.html

At the office supply store where I work, a lot of the guys are really into the whole 'zombie' thing--me, not so much--and we periodically have discussions about what to do if an outbreak occurs while we're at work. Answer: pack all the bottled water and head for the hardware store, because we got nothing to work with. They periodically have long, drawn-out, temper-raising arguments over the best weapons to use on zombies; the consensus has something to do with quick-loading shotguns, since they're not too particular about what you load them with. They asked what my ideal weapon was and I said Mecha-Godzilla, and they yelled at me for not playing right.

Incidentally, I did once start a very amusing conversation over who would win in a fight between Godzilla and Dracula. We never did figure it out.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).

charlotte49ers

Post by charlotte49ers » April 14th, 2011, 3:22 pm

I will fully admit that I bought stuff for our garden yesterday (first one ever - it will fail miserably, I'm sure) and my first thought was...well, at least I will have some seeds to survive in case of zombies. Not sure how I will keep myself safe while gardening, but there ya go!