Making Spirits Bright With Heifer International

Because that novel isn't going to delay itself
Nathan Bransford

Making Spirits Bright With Heifer International

Post by Nathan Bransford » December 23rd, 2009, 11:51 am

Hey forum friends, just wanted to make sure that everyone stops by the blog today: For every comment my wife and I are donating $1.00 to Heifer International, an organization that fights world hunger.

Also, if you'd like to join in as well and make your own per-comment pledge just write a post on your own blog and include it in your blog comment and I'll link to it.

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2009/12 ... eifer.html

kristi

Re: Making Spirits Bright With Heifer International

Post by kristi » January 13th, 2010, 8:54 am

I'm so glad I found out about this organization. We got a thank you card from them yesterday with a picture of a cute little girl holding a baby goat on the front. Later in the day, I found my 5-yo son sitting on the couch w/ the card. He was staring at the little girl and smiling. I told what it was and how goats give milk, etc. He then informed me that we need to buy this girl some more stuff -- he thought maybe she'd like some frogs. It was so cute.

Bryan Russell/Ink

Post by Bryan Russell/Ink » January 13th, 2010, 10:05 am

Lol, Kristi, that's great. I got my card a few days ago. It's a great organization, and I love how it's not simply a one-time thing. "Here's some money." But rather something longterm, trying to provide things that will help change how they live their lives.

Best,
Bryan
The Alchemy of Writing at www.alchemyofwriting.blogspot.com

stevenchasey

Post by stevenchasey » January 15th, 2010, 12:31 pm

That's a great idea, glad to see you are supporting Heifer. Each year my wife and I pool together some of the money we would have used for Christmas gifts and use it to fund something on the Heifer site with thanks to our various family and friends. It means no one gets the expensive gifts from us, but we figure the people receiving aide from Heifer need it more than our nephews and nieces need ipods. We keep telling ourselves they will understand this trade-off one day...

Anyway, great job supporting this cause.